Final Goodbye pt.1

"Please! Help her!" Newt shouted, his scream filled with desperation, catching everyone's attention.

A man appeared looking annoyed, "What's happening?" 

He looked around before landing his eyes on disheveled Newt then to your limp body in his arms, his eyes now as wide as a saucer. 

"Oh my! Y/n!" 

He rushed to Newt, you could see the horror in his eyes. 

"What happened?!" He asked Newt.

"She suddenly fell unconscious and before that she screamed in agony and pain, and now this is her condition."

"Hold my hand." Newt held the doctor's hand before they disapparated into a secluded room full of technology that Newt had never seen before. 

'I never knew something as advanced as this exist'

"Place her there."  The doctor pointed to the bed that's in the middle of the room, where a couple of poles with bags of chemicals that Newt doesn't know hanging off of it.

"What happened to her?" Newt asked.

"Who are you to her exactly?" The doctor retaliated.

"...I'm her boyfriend."

"Oh, you must be Newt then. Newton Scamander."

Newt eyed the doctor warily before replying, "Yes..."

"I assume she doesn't tell you?" The doctor stated while inserting the ridiculously long needle into your arm, now that Newt look closely, there are a lot of needle marks on your arm and he felt his chest tightened.  

'How could I not noticed this?'

"Tell me what?"

"Her illness, her cancer."

Newt eyes widened hearing the shocking news.

"No..." 

"I knew it," The doctor sighed. "I tried convincing her to tell you but she said she won't because she doesn't want to make you sad."  

"Are there any way to... save her?" Newt asked in a low voice.

"The cancer, it's spreading.  You said she suddenly collapsed right?  It meant that it already got to her brain.  The chemo could only get so far." The doctor said with a depressing tone.

"So you mean..."

"...yes."

"No... there must be another way!  She's only in her twenties!"

"There is no other way, Mr. Scamander.  I'm so sorry about this but there is no other way.  I wish, want, that there is, somewhere, somehow to save her but I can't.  This time it's deadlier than before..."

"...what do you mean before?" Newt tilted his head.

"She really doesn't tell you anything huh... She had a tumor, a couple years before, fortunately it's a passive one, it was easily removed by me.  But this time, she had brain metastases caused by her melanoma," he pointed to the dark spot on your arm, "this, is the cause of her misery, it was far too late when she noticed this."

Newt looked at your pale face, he could only blame himself for not knowing it sooner and he even dare doubted you.  If he could sacrifice himself for you, he would gladly do so, there is nothing he wouldn't do for you, his one and only.

"I will leave you alone with her, looking at how worse her state is now, it would be a miracle if she could open her eyes." The doctor said before he left the room.

He held your hands.  The warmth of your hands has long gone for the fire on your candle has become weaker and weaker as time goes on.  And he knows it.

"Why.. why didn't you tell me anything y/n..." He croaked out.

But no response came, what did he expect anyway. 

'If she can open her eyes, I will tell her I love her, I will tell her I'm sorry, I want to at least say goo-'

"Newt...?"

"..y/n?"

It seems miracle do exist.

-----------

A/n: you know, I read this 2 years later and... I cringed, why am i like this kaehfakjdl, seeing what my 14 years old spew out is really something you know. 

I'm just gonna publish this and you can actually take this idea or any plot that I have in my stories if you want and make your own story out of it, but don't forget to tag me, PM me, like I wanna read what you wrote, and I will make sure to read it ASAP.

Also i didn't proof read this nor add anything to it. this is the purest form of my writing from Dec 2018. I am very sorry.

Another edit: hello this is 2021 me, i'm 17 now, i still don't know why i wrote this :)