[1/1]

"Lady [name]... May I ask what you are wearing?"

Stilling my tapping pen, I looked up with my eyebrows raised, the rays of sunlight shining a shadow upon my notebook. "Uh, my shirt, shorts, socks," I flicked my eyes down then back at the man, "and a blanket."

The purple-haired man furrowed his eyebrows before placing his left hand upon the table, leaning down to my eye level. "And those?" He brushed his ring clad fingers under my chin, inclining me to lift my head.

"Glasses?" I answered, a little bit bewildered.

The Lady Killer of the Seven Seas stood, a brightness in his eyes that glimmered on the surface. "Glass-es?"

"Yes, my lord, they help me see." Lowering my head, [h/c] strands of hair fell into my vision. I weakly laughed, pushing the strands behind my ear, glimpsing back up at the imposing High King. "Have you not heard of glasses before, King Sinbad?"

He smiled, shaking his head before taking the seat beside me, resting his head upon his hand. "Not in this era, no. Would you care to tell me about them, these glasses?"

I hummed, pulling the red-rimmed seeing aids off my face, staring into my reflection. "As I said, my lord, they help me see what I cannot. Simple as that."

"May I...?" Sinbad held his hand out.

"Of course, my lord, but please mind they are the only pair I have... if they were to break, I fear the worst." I reminded, concerned the only access to HD vision would be whisked away.

"I will take care as if they were you, [name]-chan." A pleased grin upon his face, he slipped them over his eyes, although a bit out of place.

"Here," I mumbled, gently brushing his soft strands of hair over the glasses to accurately place them over his ears. "Perfect."

Sinbad blinked a few times, adjusting to his new vision. "This is... interesting."

I giggled, feeling the hot flush of embarrassment coating my cheeks. "My king, while it does help my vision, it won't necessarily help yours. Especially if you wear them too long." He smiled, a bubble of laughter leaving his throat as well.

"Lady [name], while I may not see you as clear as before, hearing you laugh only reminds me of how truly beautiful you are, in sight and in heart." A beaming grin upon his face, he murmured, "You are truly dazzling."

I returned his fuzzy grin with a smile of my own, gazing at the blend of grapes, apples, peaches and gold. "I would say the same, but you rather look like a rich fruit salad rather than a king currently."

Another snicker of laughter and my glasses were returned to me.

Blinking, my eyesight corrected itself, focusing once again on the High King of the Seven Seas. Focusing on his features, his melting gold eyes glimmered upon his sun-worn tan skin, luscious wine grape hair swaying in the light breeze. "I stand corrected..."

He licked his lips, a glint of surprise in his eyes. "In what way?"

"It's nothing really, I just rebut my statement," I murmured, gathering my notepad.

"Oh?" Sinbad sounded, standing with me.

"I'm just rather hungry, my lord," I answered, faint mirth shrouding my smile.

[fin.]