The Time-travelling Agent

The blue-and-black-haired young man closed the curtains and turned off the lights, wished that nobody would saw him. Ignoring the sleepiness that burdened his head, he took a chair and put it in the middle of the room. He was ready for this.

He approached a safe not quite far from his bed, inputted the password and opened the safe. He then took a gun, and checked the ammo inside. It's empty, he thought. Suddenly, he remembered that he received a set of magazine from someone, which he stored in his bag. Swiftly, he opened his bag and took the magazine, then reloaded his gun.

Calmly, he sat on a chair he prepared beforehand and aimed his gun to his own temple. He didn't give a damn about anything anymore; at least he had sent a proper goodbye message.

Taking a deep breath, he pulled the trigger.

---

Beyond Time and Space
Fan Fiction by Irina von Seckendorff
Lore & Original Characters by @fate_craightn

Disclaimer:
Criminal Case © Pretty Simple
Original character 'Adhre Fielchester' © @adhre_fielchstr.
This story is not written for commercial means, and the usage of OC 'Adhre Fielchester' in this fan fiction had been approved by the respective OC creator.

---

May 6th, 2068.

"Fate Craighton, we need to talk."
I sighed quietly when I heard Uncle Jones' words. I was just arrived at work like 2 minutes ago, but suddenly he wants to talk about something... how annoying.
"What's up, Uncle?" I asked lazily.
"Follow me." Uncle Jones said, before heading to his office.
Without saying anything, I followed him. He rarely took me to his office... would there any secret assignment that I have to do?

Arriving at his office, Uncle Jones turned on a holographic device and presented a diagram; complete with photographs of infamous world leaders since five decades ago.

"Lately, we have received a report from Eagle Eye about the increase of suicide incident among world leaders." Uncle Jones explained, "Of course this would be a suspicious thing, because current suicide prevention program had been successful. In every incident, the victim was found dead with a gunshot wound to the temple, and the autopsy result showed that the bullet used is from a same type."
"Eagle Eye, that elite agent ...." I mumbled. Eagle Eye is a mysterious elite agent who had a great reputation in CIA; so mysterious that even Uncle Jones as the Chief didn't know who Eagle Eye is. "If they use a same type of bullet ... could this be a faked suicide?"
"Sort of. However, there was one unusual incident." He showed another photograph; a black-and-blue-haired young man, wearing a dark grey T-shirt and a checkered shirt. "On 2018, a young man named Chad Craighton committed suicide in similar ways. He also used the same type of bullet."
"What?!" I was surprised. I knew that man; he was my brother, often called 'the previous Fate'. "He didn't even have a role in government!"
"That's why I tasked you to investigate these suicides. You should go back in time, head to 2018 and start your investigation there. The time-travelling device that you will utilize had been provided by MGB. Go to Moscow immediately." Uncle Jones ordered.
"All right!" I nodded.
Before I went out of the office, Uncle Jones halted me "Please wait a moment, Fate, there is another thing I want to say."
"What is it?"
"When you arrived at 2018, if you meet my sweetheart... please tell her my best regards."
"Okay, okay."

After that, I bid my goodbye to him and prepared to go to Moscow. This is my first time-travel mission; more so, it involved the death of one of my relative. However, I have to be careful. I should not trigger a paradox which could disrupt the reality.

---

Moscow, Russia.

I stared curiously at the device I held; they said this is the 'time machine' that I'll use to go back in time. It looked like an ordinary touch-screen smartphone, but if I input a certain 6-digit code at the timer, it will show a time-travelling command. On this command, there are current time indicator, destination time and location setting; also a pair of buttons that says 'Start' and 'Cancel'. This 'phone' was five-inch wide, it's easy to store and carry.