War

When you get older, plainer, saner

When you remember all the danger we came from

Burning like embers falling tender,
Long before the days of no surrender years ago
And well you know?

I'll never get to heaven 'cause I don't know how.
Let's raise a glass or two

To all the things I've lost on you

LP- lost on you

The great Marine versus Pirate war raged on at Marineford. Naruto watched from afar, as he had done many times before.

Humanity dividing, seeking answers, later developing their own. The divisions making different conclusions, and they fight to tell the rest of the world who was the one that held the truth.

Marines sought their answer in justice, fighting for others and doing what the population would call 'good' deeds.

Pirates sought their answer in freedom, fighting for their dream and doing what the population would call the works of the 'devil'.

They had fought many times before, and now, was just a miniscule part in their history, if it were a book on battles between 'good' and 'bad'.

He watched as Gol's son was pulled to the execution stand. Two men planked behind him, holding spears, just like they did to his father. The boy himself wasn't afraid.
He would welcome death, meet his brother Sabo, his mother, father. He would be at peace.

His only regret...

Luffy.

He watched as his younger brother fought through the troops, kicking and punching everyone who stood in his way.

Naruto also watched, though he watched the rest of the world as well. How they were affected by the live broadcast of this event in history, which someday will be told to their children as a legend. Naruto will be there till that day as well, being the only person who could ever tell the true story, as being one who was there at the time.

Some celebrated, some cried, and those close to Luffy - though those close to Ace were present - were not there, and were oblivious to the world around them.

Naruto thought for a second, and looked around the world to find a certain red-headed pirate. The man was lazily drinking, also incognizant to the situation, though perhaps wished not to know, willingly, shutting everything out with booze.

Naruto appeared next to Shanks.

"What the-! Oh, it's you. Mr Mysterious mystery. What may I do for you?" The man slurred.

"Shanks. Mind you, if it weren't for the war, I'd be drinking with you."

"War? What war?"

"The one between pirates and marines? Ring a bell? White beard? Crew mate? Dying? Luffy's brother, dying?" Naruto tried to explain, using pictures, diagrams and hand gestures to try and get him to understand.

"What the hell! Is it already that time! Where's my crew!?"

"They left you because they wanted to help out, but you hesitated."

"WHAT!! I am their captain!"

"You certainly don't act like one."

"Shut up, what would a god-like being like you understand about crew-mates and nakama?'' Shanks stood up, rather shakily if I may add, nausea and headaches kicking him in the gut.

Naruto's face darkened for a second, and didn't warn Shanks as he grabbed him by the collar and appeared on the deck of the red-haired pirate's ship.

''Your captain.'' Naruto said monotonously, throwing Shanks onto the floor, disappearing once again into thin air. Shanks ran to side, throwing up into the vast ocean, hungover, and also settling into his stomach was the feeling of motion-sickness, forcing his stomach to spit out all the sake and meat he ate.

''Captain! You came back!'' Lucky Roo shouted, munching a large piece of meat. Shanks replied with another barf into the sea.

~oOo~

Naruto, who reappeared at marineford, watched as Ace nearly got stabbed, only for a huge amount of haki to be released from Luffy. Knocked out from the sheer pressure and force, more than half of the marines went down. Naruto smirked.

''Now this, is interesting.'' From his place in the sky, he saw everything, even black-beard who was secretly plotting against the two sides. He appeared next to the man, and thought for a second. the consequences of his actions, the pros, the cons. Thoughts on the best, he knocked him out, laying him on the ground, casting a henge, making him look like a fish.

He then proceeded to make the winds blowing on Shanks' ship stronger, and up he was on the clouds again.

Luffy ventured forward, only to be stopped by the three admirals, Aokiji, Akainu, and Kizaru.

"You're not at our level yet boy." They sneered, and Luffy took a wild swing at them, one which missed its target.

Naruto sighed. Would the good news be worth what he was about to do? Though Naruto quickly scolded himself. Happiness was worth everything. He should know that the most.

Naruto appeared before the three men, and they all stumbled in surprise.

"Eternal Emperor! What are you doing here!?"

"Stopping this pointless war of course. What do you think you're doing?" He scolded.

"Thanks dude!" Luffy exclaimed, and ran past the admirals.

A path was made for Luffy as he ran up, trying to save his brother. Garp intercepted the way, yelling at Luffy to make a choice between brother and grandfather. With a single punch, Garp gave up, falling to the ground level, allowing his grandson to pass.

"You just made us let him go!" Sakazuki, aka Akainu yelled.

"Why should I not?" Naruto retorted.

"Well-"

"Why do you want to kill a child that young in the first place? Wouldn't that go against your code of justice, eh pup?" Naruto taunted.

"He's a pirate"

"So? Since when did the marine kill children just because of their status? You have seriously twisted over the ages pup."

"Stop calling me that!!" Borsalino and Kuzan both snickered a bit, turning serious when the 'pup' glared at them.

"I'll call you whatever I want. The man you've become doesn't deserve my respect." Naruto spat, and glared at the other two. "I'm not too fond of the way you two have turned out either."

"The world is cruel sensei."

"I should know. I was there when it was created." Naruto whispered to himself.

"Sorry?"

"Hm? Nothing. The next time I see you, you had better fixed that bent personality of yours pup, or the red for your name won't just be because of the blood of your enemies. Understood?"

Akainu, or shall I say red pup swung his arm at Naruto, an arm coated with magma, and hit Naruto directly in the stomach. Sakazuki smirked triumphantly, but his face morphed into confusion when his former teacher popped.

"Betrayal towards your teacher. In my country that was punishable by death you know. Should be grateful." Naruto said from above, floating in the air. He snapped his fingers, and sea stone chains circled around the three students of his.

The three men struggled as their strength was sapped away, watching with half-closed eyed as their teacher slowly floated away.

Sorry for the late update!!! I hope you can just wait a little more for the next one, I'm getting back into the mood to write this story, and I've got a few ideas!

See ya soon!

noelicoan