Time

A few weeks had passed.

Many of the Marines had taken it up for themselves to kill their Supreme God.

"We don't need a god to destroy everything again!" They argued.

Pirates on the other hand, were joyous with their god. It gave them motivation to keep going with their dreams.

"We can be whatever we want, because our god has given us an opportunity to do so!" They argued.

Civilians were torn between the two sides. The roles were flipped over. Marines seemed rogue, and Pirates seemed prim. Or had it always been so, and stereotypes had been changing their views?

So many were confused. Or were they sure?

Nobody knew anymore.

Naruto, though once a part of the Straw Hat pirates, had distanced himself from his friends.

He destroyed everything. This confusion was all his fault, and he had to fix it.

Using his Omniscience, he searched for a spell, a jutsu, a technique. Anything, so that he could fix his mistakes.

One day, he found a devil fruit, which had just ripened, and was attracted to power.

Examining the fruit, Naruto found it to be the Toki toki no mi. The time time fruit.

"Your majesty. Your fate has changed. What have you decided upon?" The fates asked.

"I will go back in time dear fates. Fix what has become of this world."

"Your majesty!"

"I have made my decision. I am sure you foresaw this Future."

"Yes your majesty. I look forward to what you will change for the better in this domain of mine." Future will say with a slight frown.

Naruto disappeared, leaving the timely sisters, reappearing in front of Shanks.

He stunk of alcohol. His eyes red and puffy, the area destroyed with slash marks and punched-in holes.

"You're leaving..." Shanks deduced.

"Yes. You know I can't live without fixing this."

"I suppose I can't keep you here too? Keep you with me?" Shanks was a broken man.

"Shanks..." Naruto hugged him as Shanks sobbed in harshly haggard breaths.

"Everybody leaves! Even you, who's supposed to be with me for eternity! You're the Eternal Emperor for all's sake!!"

"I'm sorry

"Well, off you go then! Don't waste any more of my time!" Shanks said after a moment to collect himself.

"Shanks..."

"Don't forget to become my father again in the new timeline!" Shanks smiled solemnly, his sadness remaining.

"I won't. See you soon Shanks. I'll be back before you know it." Naruto gave him a gaunt smile, and hugged him as tightly as possible.

"Good bye, dad."

"See you soon son." Naruto let a tear drop.

All those years ago. Would he have thought that he would be king? Immortal?

A god?

A father?

Naruto doubted it.

He then took a bite
of the venomous taste
from his devilish fruit, and with the final thought of sorrow and peace,
unwound the clock of time,
and fell down the hole.