Prologue

The rain.. it poured down. It started out of nowhere. I ran, I heard the sirens. I was scared. It was headed my way. I ran down into the alleyway. I saw a figure. I couldn't see it's face since it faded away so quickly. I spotted a ladder and started climbing up it to the building's roof. I sat behind one of the vents scared, angry, and unsure of what's going to happen. More importantly, I wondered, "Who was that person?" and "Did they see my face?" I heard the sirens come close, then fade away. Was the coast clear? I slowly crawled over to the edge of the building, soaking wet from the rain. I looked down and went all the way around, it was clear. No sign of police anywhere. I sat in the corner of the roof, with my back facing the bricks and put my head in my knees. Sobbing. I now had nowhere to go, no way of living. I wondered, how could I be so stupid and so cruel? Why did I do that? I thought of ending my life. I stood up, turned around with my eyes full of tears. "Would it be worth it?", "Will this end my problems?", "There's nothing or no one to save me anyways." I took one last breath, and stood up onto the roof's ledge. I looked down and smiled, thinking of the good memories I held, the precious ones, until the evil ones disrupted them and pushed me over my limit. I tipped myself over, yet didn't hit the ground. "Why, why am I not dead yet?"...