Chapter 19

Christian's Pov;

As soon as Ana and Kate get back to their apartment from their dinner date, Ana calls me. "I know I said I would come over tonight but..." She starts and my heart drops. She's cancelling on me, isn't she? "Ana, please." I beg her, hoping she'll change her mind. "I was just going to ask if you'd come over here instead." Oh thank god. I breathe a sigh of relief and give her a resounding yes. All it takes is a few minutes to pack a bag, have Taylor drive me over, then I've got Ana in my arms standing in her doorway. She squeezes me excitedly, arms tight around my shoulders. "I missed you too, baby." I pat her hair and she relaxes into my arms. After a few moments of us embracing in the doorway she steps back and pulls me inside further so she can shut and lock the door. "Hello, Kate." I offer her a cool greeting. She smiles brightly, kicking her legs up on the coffee table in front of the couch she's so gracefully slumped upon. "Hi, Christian." She gives me a wave, but I can tell her glowing smile is not sincere. "I need to go take a shower." Ana announces drawing my attention back to her. "It'll be quick, I promise. You-" She grabs me around the waist and drags me forward to stand in front of the couch. "Can wait right here." She pushes me down onto the couch and I grin up at her. She's always so happy to have me in her space, to be able to make me a part of her life. Why doesn't she seem to believe that I want the same? She scurries off to the bathroom to get out of her work clothes and into something clean and fresh. When she's gone, I force myself to turn towards Kate. She's already staring at me, looking annoyingly smug. She looks different tonight. She looks hot. She's dressed much more formal than the normal Seattle Times office attire. She's got on an unnecessarily full face of makeup on, complete with some form of sheeny reddish lip gloss. I look her up an down a second time, analyzing her. This can't possibly be an everyday look for her. I would have noticed. I don't see much of her normal work morning routine, but I have a good feeling her sudden boost in grooming strategies has nothing to do with work at all. "I know what you're doing, Kate." I squint at her as she bats her eyelashes rather aggressively. "Hmm? I don't know what you're talking about, Christian." She feigns innocence, eyes wide and glistening. "Kate." I say her name flatly, looking down at her where she's half laying-half sitting on the couch. "Christian." She repeats after me, mocking my tone. From the angle she's in I can get a clear view straight down her top. I keep my eyes trained on her face. "I know you've done all this to get Ana's attention." I gesture up and down her body as an example and she makes a shocked face at me. "I would never!" She exclaims, but I can tell she's playing with me. There's a short silence of us just staring at each other, then Kate breaks the silence. "But if I was, do you think it's working?" I groan, bringing my hand up to cover my eyes. I rub them, not saying anything. "I don't know, Kate." I answer her, still covering my eyes out of exasperation. "I'm here. She had me come here instead of staying at my place with me. I don't know if that's supposed to mean something or not. I was planning to ask her to move in with me." I don't know why I'm telling Kate my plans, but for some reason I feel like I should. We're both important to Ana, we both love Ana, we should be on the same page. "You can't do that." Kate sits up in alarm and I uncover my eyes to look at her. "Yes, I can." She looks panicked, but I don't see why. The apartment's already paid for by her parents it's not like she's relying on Ana for her half of the bills. "No, Christian. You can't just take her away from me like that." She says it as if I'm trying to kidnap Ana and just steal her away in the night. It's disarming to know she'd jump to such conclusions. "Look, Kate. Believe it or not I'm not trying to hurt Ana. I love her and I want her to be happy just as much as you do. I'm not going to take her away to my penthouse and lock her up in a cage. I'm not taking her freewill away. She's free to come and go as she pleases it'll just be where she keeps her things and the address on her paperwork. You can still see her whenever you want." Kate eyes me doubtfully, trying to decide if there's truth in my speech. "Fine." She mutters, after a while, still looking sour. A door opens down the hall and Ana comes walking in. That perks Kate right up, erasing her sour mood entirely. I turn to look as Ana comes in and my jaw nearly drops at the sight. She's all legs in a soaking wet t-shirt and long dripping hair. She's not even wearing pants. Why bother when everyone in the apartment has already seen you naked? I want to jump and shield her with my body but it's too late, Kate's already looking at her with the same look on her face I just had. "Hey." Ana giggles, appearing just as shocked to see the two of us. "Did I interrupt something?" Ana asks, looking at both Kate and I. I hadn't realized how closely we had been leaning in while we were talking. Somehow we started on opposite ends of the couch and have shifted to to be nearly touching in the middle. "We were just talking, you know Christian's real big on small talk." Kate lies smoothly and I resist the urge to punch her shoulder. I jump up from the couch and approach Ana, ready to get her back to the bedroom now more than ever. I don't want her to know we were talking about her. "Ready for bed?" I ask, wrapping an arm around her. "Er..sure." She nods, furrowing her brows in confusion. I wipe my finger between her brows and she calms them, her face taking on a relaxed expression. "Goodnight, Kate." Ana says and Kate jumps up from the couch. "Wait! One more thing." She runs over to us and stands in front of Ana. "Unzip me?" She turns around, her back to Ana. "Fine." Ana rolls her eyes, stepping forward to find the zipper beneath Kate's silky hair. "You could've done this yourself." Ana scolds, unzipping the back of Kate's chiffon blouse. Kate smiles directly at me as Ana assists her in undressing. Then she grabs Ana's hands when she's done, holding Ana against her backside. She turns her head to the side as Ana moves in closer and Kate grabs Ana's face to kiss her. Ana's caught off guard, but she doesn't pull away. She stays perfectly still as Kate kisses her once with a surge of desire and longing, then ends the kiss, only to quickly plant another hot smacking kiss on Ana's lips. I wish I was the one getting unzipped around here, my pants certainly need it. Ana licks her already wet lips and then bites the lower one, taking all thoughts of foreplay off the table for tonight. I'm fucking her hard and fast the minute we get into that bedroom whether she likes it or not. "You can go to bed now." Kate lets her go, smirks at me, then walks in the opposite direction towards the bathroom. It takes no longer than five seconds for me to scoop Ana up and take her into the bedroom.

I can still hear the sound of Kate's shower running when we finish. "That was fast." Ana breathes, her chest still heaving from the rush. "Yeah. Would you like to go again, maybe take things slower?" I offer, still a little out of breath myself. I'm used to physically exerting myself, but Ana's not quite as adjusted. "I think I need a minute." Ana sighs and I chuckle. "Earlier Kate told me something. I think you'll find it quite comical. Would you like to hear?" I nod, turning on my side to face Ana while still keeping an arm around her waist. "Elliot called her." I groan internally, while Ana's trying to control the urge to giggle. "He thinks you're the mastermind behind this whole not quite threesome situation." I raise my eyebrows. "Oh, yeah?" I question, already knowing his delusional theory, but wanting to let her tell the story anyway. "He thinks you're making Kate and I do...you know...things for your own sexual purposes." She tells me, eyes wild with amusement. "Maybe I should. Wouldn't want the two of you having any sort of fun without my guidance." I playfully recreate my dom look and she giggles. As appealing as it sounds to have two women entirely under my control, to be able to choose how and when they're intimate, to have them be together in my playroom or on my bed for my eyes only, I know that could never happen. Only in my subconscious, as dreams and fantasies. That's not the reality. There's no way the two of them would ever agree to such a thing. Kate's not a submissive, not even a little bit. And while Ana likes to sometimes be in a submissive role she's very much in charge of her own sex life. I like our relationship the way it is. I want Ana to make choices on her own for herself, not for me. It's the only way she'll know what she really wants and needs and what she doesn't. I can't dictate her entire life for her and I can't be the sole provider of all her sexual experiences. I wish I could have her all to myself in every way, but I can't, not yet. "He got one thing right though." Ana says, her lips pursed in that pouty way she does when she's in thought. "What's that?" I ask. "You are one kinky fucker." Her voice is all seriousness, but I can tell she's trying hard not to laugh. "I'll show you a kinky fucker, Ms.Steele." She grins in anticipation and squeals as I roll on top of her and pin her down on the bed to have some kinky fuckery of our own. When we're done with round two, we're both exhausted. It's late and we've got another busy day ahead of us tomorrow. "Baby, before you go to sleep I want to ask you something." I twirl a strand of her hair around my finger. She doesn't respond so I pull the twisted up strand and her eyes pop open. "Christian! Ow..." She pouts, her eyes annoyed and I laugh. Just because I can't take her to the playroom doesn't mean I can't inflict some minor pain for my own enjoyment. "What'd you want to ask?" She questions, looking much more alert and attentive. "I was planning to ask you back at my place. I want you to move in with me and I was going to be all hearts and flowers and ask you to just stay in my bed forever tonight, but since we're in your bed that'd be a bit silly." I see her eyes light up when she realizes what I'm saying. "You want me to move in with you? Like permanently?" I nod, and her shocked expression turns into the most adorable face cracking smile. She makes a low sound and nuzzles into my chest, but she doesn't give me an answer. "Please move in with me." I look down at her, feeling hopeful, but still nervous. I won't be able to relax until she gives me an answer. "Can I have some time to think about it?" She mumbles sleepily, her eyes falling back closed. "Sure, baby. Take all the time you need." She whispers something that I can't quite hear. I think it was a thank you. Then she's out cold. I kiss her head, then I settle in to get some sleep myself.