VI

tyler and josh shared the complete badass feeling as they walked into prom together.

"we're gonna blow everyone away, i can already tell," josh joked, laughing softly as he squeezed tyler's hand.

"oh trust me, i know we are," he replied with a soft chuckle.

they made their way around other dancing couples, josh gasping and dragging tyler towards the snack table.

"oh my god, i think i have a sugar rush just from seeing these," he said, eyes wide.

tyler let go of his hand, getting a plate. "we're gonna need dancing fuel anyways, dig in," he offered josh a plate.

josh, of course, took the plate and began loading it with cookies and candy.

tyler hummed as he watched, just picking up a chocolate-iced brownie and a few sugar cookies.

he saw the bright red punch, going to the bowl and beginning to fill their cups. gosh, it smelled good.

once they had munched and felt energized, josh was running with tyler onto the dance floor and moving like no one else was watching.

it was exhilirating for tyler to watch his best friend, and crush, be so free in a room filled with others just as confused as they were.

somehow, both of them ended up on the dance floor, listening to the steps and music and giggling. this night couldn't get any better.

it simply wasn't possible.