Muffins V

The next morning Thor drags Loki along to the coffee shop again. He's kind of forced to go in; they were on their way to Stark Tower when Thor is overcome with a sudden need for blueberry muffins. The God of Thunder makes a beeline for the counter and slides on a high stool. "Good morning, my lady!" he booms at the strawberry blonde girl who's making coffee. "I'd like two of those delicious blueberry muffins. And a large coffee. Loki, do you want something too?"

Loki takes a deep breath before he sits down next to his brother. "Tea, please," he says in a measured voice. He doesn't completely trust himself around Ylva. It's one thing to follow her around like a lovesick kitten when he's in a different body, it's another to act like that when he is out in public. He can't have her work her magic on him in the middle of a busy coffee shop. Maybe it'll be different now Thor is with him, when he saw her at Stark Tower that first time her influence on him was limited too. As long as she doesn't touch him, he should be fine; it could be a good opportunity to get a read on her.

"I can help you to some coffee and tea, gentlemen," Ylva says with an apologetic smile. "But I'm afraid we're out of muffins at the moment."

"No!" Loki isn't sure if Thor's dismay is real or played, it could be a bit of both.

"We had someone from a law firm come in this morning, buy the lot," Ylva explains. "My aunt is making a new batch, but I don't know how long that is gonna take. I can check if you want?"

"We can take our beverages to go," Loki says, at the same time as Thor says "Yes, please, my lady." They stare at each other, both willing the other to give in.

The girl chuckles, putting her hands on her hips. "What's it gonna be? Stay or go?" She looks from one brother to the other, enjoying their silent stand off.

Loki glances at her. She's wearing her hair up in a loose bun, with some stray strands framing her face. Her black apron is tied over a forestgreen shirtdress that hugs her frame nicely. "Alright. You win," he says grudgingly to Thor, who immediately starts grinning like an idiot.

"Let me check on those muffins for you," Ylva offers and she already walks over to a door that leads to the back. She doesn't go inside, she sort of pivots on one foot, sticking her head in and stretching one bare leg out behind her. A nicely toned leg.

Loki quickly shifts his gaze back to his brother, who shows him a toothed grin. "Shut it," he grumbles under his breath, though Thor keeps grinning at him until the girl returns.

"Yvonne just put them in the oven," Ylva informs them cheerily. "They'll take about twenty minutes and then they'll have to cool down a bit first. You want to wait that long?"

"That'll be fine, my lady," Thor answers courteously.

"Good. I'll get you your drinks then!" The girl gets to work and before long there are two steaming mugs in front of them on the counter. She gives Loki the large wooden box with tea bags again and he selects a bag of Earl Grey tea without properly looking.

"You really like Earl Grey, huh?" Ylva remarks quietly when she takes the box back. Loki just looks at her, as she doesn't really seem to expect an answer. She averts her eyes under his gaze, an adorable light blush creeping up on her cheeks.

"How was your date yesterday, my lady?" Thor suddenly asks, after a sip of his coffee. "Good coffee, by the way, my compliments."

"It wasn't a date," Ylva says defensively. She doesn't seem surprised they know about her private life, her friend must have told her about their visit yesterday.

"No?" Thor puts his elbows on the counter and leans forward with his coffee cup between his hands, all interest.

Ylva shakes her head. "There were supposed to be four of us. We all do the same photography course, you see?" Thor nods understandingly, like he knows all about it already. "Two of my classmates had to cancel at the last minute, leaving me with this guy..." She grimaces shortly.