Just a toy

When did this happen? Why was I turned into a toy? I wasn't anything of importance so why now. I didn't even get to live. Now I'm stuck. Entertaining children and old friends. They don't even recognize me. After all, I'm just a toy. A ballerina to be precise. What have I ever done to deserve this,  I was only a stage dancer. I was living so simply.  "Fufufu" Oh god that creepy laugh. I spin slowly my body forming a Pirouette to the sound of a music box.  The metallic sunglasses look upon my body while I keep performing in the middle of the street. The children's laughter filled the air while others' eyes look at me with enchantment. My face is stuck in a permanent smile while on the inside I am screaming and crying. This devil of a man has no right to be the ruler of our island. How dare he do this to innocent people, we have only served him. We have given him so much money, power, and entertainment. "You look so much better when you have no control." His gross lips whisper beside me. His hands join mine while we dance.  Please get your disgusting hands off of me you have no right in touching me. People cheer and clap even louder now that their beloved king has joined in the 'fun'. I hate this, I absolutely despise this, I am like a bird trapped within a small cage. I never knew that all of the toys in Derrossa were people. How long has this turmoil happened? How many families have lost their own to anything? Will I ever get back to normal? "No point in thinking about your future my dancer. You are nothing but just a toy." He is right I will never be anything but a toy anymore. My heart loses all of its hope, one day I may be free.