The Bookstore

Lace snapped awake from his dream.

Wait! The waterpark never happened?! He thought.

He leaped from his bed and called Hunk immediately.

"HUNK!" Lance screeched.

"Yeah, Lance?" Hunk asked.

"Did we go to the Castle of Lions water park yesterday?" He asked.

"Um.... no," Hunk replied. "Why do you ask?"

"I had this dream, the cute guy from the café and his friends were there," Lance explained. "We went to the water park."

"Thank god I have him your number," Hunk sighed. "You really like this guy."

"Yeah..." Lance mumbled.

"I've got to go man, I've got work and so do you," Hunk said before hanging up.

"WORK!" Lance yelled as he threw on some ripped blue jeans and a white shirt. On his way out the door he grabbed his favorite blue flannel and jumped into his car.

Once he was inside the bookstore he calmed down.

"Hey, Lance," Allura, a girl also working there said, her thick English accent changed his name ridiculously.

"Hey," he said before grabbing a box of new books. "Gotta go stack em." Then we walked off.

Loud laughter came from the front of the store.

"We need a book on how to cure a case of 'obsession over a cute guy in a café' disease," a strong voice said, breaking with more laughter.

"Guys, what the fuck are you doing?" A very familiar voice yelled. "I'm so sorry, we'll be leaving now."

"It's quite alright," Allura's voice said. "In fact, I think I have something for you in the back." She giggled.

Lance saw her form appear around the corner of shelves.

"I need a romance advice book," she said.

"Got it," Lance said, throwing the book behind him and into her hands.

"And I was hoping you'd deliver it," she said mischief creeping into her voice.

"Fine, but you have to stack," Lance called as he grabbed the book and walked to the front.

"Guys lets go," the familiar voice said, sounding more desperate.

And that's when Lance saw him. Keith. The guy from the café. He had on ripped, black, skinny jeans and a fairly tight, black shirt *wink wink*.

"Oh, um, here's your book," Lance stuttered. "Follow me to the register."

Shiro shoved Keith over to the register, "go get him tiger," Lance heard Shiro whisper teasingly.

Keith walked over, red faced. "Th-thanks for the book."

"No problem... I mean it is my job," Lance joked.

Keith laughed lightly. "Lance, right?" He asked.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" Lance asked as he rang the book up.

"Your friend gave me a bag of scones with your name and number on it after you left," Keith answered.

"Right, right," Lance muttered." "He told me about that."

Lance handed Keith the book and just before he left Lance called out, "use it!"

Keith turned around puzzled.

"The number," Lance replied.

Keith nodded, smiled, then walked out with his gaggle of friends.

"That was him wasn't it!" Allura squealed.

"Yeah, it was," Lance said, a bit dazed.

"I ship it," she said. "So does Coran."

"You and your uncle ship me and Keith?" Lance exclaimed, shocked.

"Well, yeah," she explained. "We... uh... we have for a while now, even before you knew each other."

"What?!" Lance hissed.

"Yeah, my uncle owns the café so when Shiro came in one day they struck up a conversation, then Coran met Keith, Adam, and Pidge and he kinda like became there 'uncle' too after a little while," she rambled. "And I was friends with you due to my uncle also owning this place and you being employed here alongside myself, so naturally you'd met Coran and when he met Kieth he came home and was like, 'Allura! I met a guy that Lance would LOVE!' and that's how that started."

Lance burst into a fit of laugher.

"I love you guys," he wheezed.

"Well, we love Klance," Allura stated.

That only made Lance laugh harder.

Q: Favorite book series?

A: bold of you to assume I have one, but, no, really I absolutely adore the PJO series.