The Beach Date

Lance woke up enthralled. He was so excited for his date and he hoped Keith was just as excited.

He was.

Keith jumped into his classic red board shorts and pulled on a T-shirt. He was antsy and couldn't wait till the clock turned 12:00pm.

Finally it hit 12:00.

He ran his fingers through his hair as he pulled up to the café, but when he saw Lance reading at one of the outside tables in his baby blue board shorts, white T-shirt, and giant sunglasses, any and all nervousness fled Keith's body.

"Lance!" He called out.

The brown haired boy looked up and a lopsided smile played across his lips.

"Keith!" He called back as he walked towards the raven-haired boy.

They both got in the car and Keith drove off towards the beach.

Then Lance began to sing along to the song on the radio. It was something along the lines of Hooked by a band that was called something along the lines of Why Don't We.

"You're voice is great," Keith said as he pulled into the parking lot.

"Thanks," Lance replied blushing.

Keith smiled his killer smile and hopped out of the car.

Lance followed.

He hoisted a blanket out of the trunk and set off down to the sand with Keith on his heels.

They laid out the blanket and set their stuff down.

"To the water?" Lance asked.

"To the water," Keith answered.

The two boys took off, running past people and even jumping a few blankets. When they finally made it they were very out of breath... but they burst into laughter anyways.

Lance walked in first, he sighed as the cold water passes his knees and then his hips.

Keith bounded in after him and with the element of surprise on his side, he shoved Lance into the water.

Lance came up spluttering and coughing.

"You little..." he muttered before lunging at Keith.

They fell under, then resurfaced hand in hand.

Their little battle tired them out even more than their run did, so they returned to their blanket and just kinda snuggled into each other. After a bit of that Keith leaped up and raced back to the water, Lance in hot pursuit.

They splashed around and pushed each other until Keith grew a pair and kissed Lance square on the lips. Lance only kissed back.

Keith smiled into it which caused Lance to smile which caused them to kiss harder.

When they broke apart they realized it was getting late, so they collected their stuff, put it in the car, then headed to the board walk for a horribly unhealthy dinner of fried food.

Once they had gotten their food they sat down at the edge of the pier and ate.

Eventually, Lance leaned his head on Keith's shoulder.

"When the summer's over, where are you headed?" Lance asked.

"Art school, I want to be a tattoo artist," Keith answered. "How about you?"

"I'm not sure yet," Lance replied. "I'll figure it out though."

"Well, what do you like to do?" Keith asked.

"I like to dance and read and sing," Lance replied.

"You could go to a performing arts school, or like a writing school," Keith suggested.

"I could..." Lance mumbled. "What's your school teach?"

"Um... art, dance, acting, music, creative writing..." Keith listed, then his face brightened.

"I should sign up for your school!" Lance exclaimed.

Keith smiled uncontrollably.

And to end off their wonderful date the two made plans, as they drove home, for Lance's application and sang their little hearts out with the radio blasting.

Q: favorite fan-fiction you've ever read?

A: probably The Babysitter by euphoriczach