Essentials

"Wipe that horrific expression off of your face before I become intolerant of your unique position," the headmaster growled out.

"I— I didn't mean-.." (Y/N) began, nervously fidgeting and intertwining her index fingers.

And as the man opened his mouth to speak again, Cain crisply chimed in. "She means that she's sorry, father, and that she'll listen now."

Father. That's just fucking fantastic.

That seemed to ease him up a bit, however, he grumbled and folded his arms.

"(F/N) (L/N), I am quite aware of your blood curse. As a human, in these conditions, I hardly expect you to survive ..."

(Y/N)'s heart sank.

"... without the proper essentials."

A comfortable feeling of relief showered over her, and she slowly nodded up to the tall, authoritative man.

He clenched his hands together, a white glow seeping out of the small cracks between each finger. Once he uncovered his calloused palm, a necklace had appeared- coiled perfectly in his open hand. The pendant attached to said necklace was as dark purple as a distinctive purple could get. Staring at it made (Y/N)'s eyes hurt a bit, for it seemed as if the shade was deeper than midnight black itself.

With seemingly no time to spare, the headmaster tossed the necklace to Cain, who skillfully caught it in air. "That'll help with the heat and fire."

The same process began again, but instead upon revealing a necklace, a ring had taken its place. It was the exact shade that the pendant on the necklace held. He again, tossed it to Cain. Though, this time, he did not elaborate on what it did.

(Y/N) decided that now was not the time to ask.

She patiently waited as Cain walked about to clip the necklace around her neck, the girl shivering a bit as his cold fingers grazed at her skin. Unbeknownst to her, he was slightly smirking behind her once the necklace was placed.

Immediately, a cool and blissful air washed over (Y/N), the air's temperature dropping to something utterly perfect to suit specifically the girl's tastes. No longer was there unbearable heat, and it felt nearly euphoric. Perhaps life wouldn't be so bad in Hell after all. Next, was the ring.

(Y/N) tensed, as Cain's lean, muscular arms stretched over her shoulders, taking the ring from his father. Without warning, he moving to slip it onto the girl's left index finger, his chilled breath tickling her ear. What was he-..?

"This might sting a bit, beautiful," he breathlessly murmured into her ear.

(Y/N) only released half a second of an awful scream before Cain's palm was wrapped around her lips, for a horrid, scrutinizing pain was shooting through every inch of her body. She could feel her skin pulsating and burning. The sensation was unlike anything (Y/N) had experienced before, feeling the terrifying effects of her blood being extracted from her very body, and into the ring.

"We can't have you being eaten, now can we? You'll live," the headmaster went on to explain, and, the girl could've sworn she saw a hint of a smirk upon his sharp features.

No. No, no, no— she could not let them do this. She had to do something. She had to do anything.

She had to fight.