Chapter 1

"Yes! I won!" I cheered as I helped Isaac up from the ground and watched him go inside, before turning around to face Scott.

"See, I told you I could do it."

He chuckled. "Just be careful, Dereka."

I sighed, annoyed. "I am being careful. I just won against Isaac and I just became a werewolf a little while ago."

"I know. You're doing good for how long you've been here."

"So you don't have to worry about me all the time, OK?"

"Fine. I'll try not to."

I smiled. "Thank you."

I walked into the house to see Isaac sitting at the table. "Are you OK? Or did I hurt you?" I asked, teasingly.

He looked up at me and smiled. "Of course you didn't."

I looked at him, unconvinced.

"Fine. Maybe a little."

"See, if I can win against you then I don't understand why Scott is always so protective of me and won't let me do anything."

"He just doesn't want you to get hurt."

"I won't get hurt. I didn't get hurt today, did I?"

"No, but..."

"See?"

"This is just practise."

"I know that. I also know that I can battle just like everyone one else. Even if I'm new here." I sighed. I just wish Scott would stop looking down on me just because I'm new.

"He's not looking down on you. He's protective of anyone who's new here."

"Not as protective as he is of me."

"He is, trust me."

I scoffed. "Sure, so he usually watches everyone every second of the day to make sure they're ok?"

"He doesn't, but..."

"Told you."

He sighed, giving up.

I looked out the window and saw that the sky was a bit darker than it was earlier. Also, something else caught my eye. It was a full moon, shining brightly in contrast against the dark sky. "It's a full moon," I said to Isaac.

He followed my gaze. "Stay away from Scott tonight," he said, seriously.

I remembered what I had seen happen to Isaac at the last full moon and nodded. "OK."

Isaac already knew that I saw what had happened that night, but we had never talked about it.

He held out his pinky. "Promise me."

I smiled and reluctantly hooked my pinky around his. "I promise."

He unhooked his pinky from mine. "Good."

I went up to Scott's room to talk to him for a while before I had to leave because of the full moon.

Unfortunately, as always, I lost control of time and didn't notice that the moon had risen high into the sky, until Scott started acting strangely.

"Dereka, you have to get out. Now."

I remembered what Isaac had told me and was about to leave, when I remembered what I had seen on the last full moon.

*Flashback*

I hid behind the door as I saw Stiles and Scott helping someone upstairs. I followed them upstairs to the attic, where they went into a room and shut the door, but I caught it before it shut fully and looked in.

Scott and Stiles were tying the person up when he looked at you through the crack in the door and you saw that it was Isaac. His eyes were now golden and some of him was covered in fur, but I still recognized him.

"Get her out of here!" Isaac growled, causing me to jump slightly.

Scott went to the door. "Dereka, you have to leave here right now.

"Why? What's happening?"

"Just leave and I'll tell you later," he said, shutting the door. I went to my room and tried to sleep, hearing Isaac growling throughout the night until he stopped and I was finally able to get to sleep."

*End Of Flashback*

I felt positive that I knew what to do about the situation and came back into the room, shutting the door behind me.

Some of Scott was now covered in fur, just like Isaac had been during the last full moon.

"Dereka?" Scott asked, sounding panicked. "What are you doing? I told you to leave."

"I know what I'm doing."

"Please, Dereka."

I ignored him and walked towards him. I grabbed one of his hands. "Scott, please try to calm down," I said, trying to soothe him.

It seemed to start to work, since he seemed calmer. Soon, he was back to normal and I let go of his hand, only to have him hold onto it again.

"You're my anchor, Dereka."

"Anchor?"

"An anchor is someone that keeps you calm during a full moon and helps you turn back to human form. Someone you love a lot."

I blushed, suddenly nervous. I had never had someone tell me that they loved me before and I didn't know how to react.

Scott leaned forward and kissed me and both of our lips moved against each other, until the door opened and Isaac and Jackson came in, interrupting us and causing us to pull away from each other.

"I guess you found your anchor," Jackson said.

Scott smiled at me. "Yeah, I did. I love you, Dereka."

"I love you too."

"OK, you lovebirds," Jackson teased. "We're all going to bed now to get a good night's sleep for tomorrow and you should probably be getting to bed as well."

Listening to what Jackson said, Scott and I went into his room and lay on the bed and Scott wrapped his arm around me.

"You won't let me go to the battle tomorrow, will you?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"No."

"Please?"

"No. I don't want you getting hurt."

"I won't get hurt. I just won against Isaac today."

"That was just practice."

"I also helped you during the full moon."

"You were my anchor. You helped calm me and I tried not to hurt you."

"I could still fight with you guys."

"No, Dereka." He said, sternly.

"Why is Liam allowed to fight? He's new."

"Liam's allowed to fight because..."

"Because he's a guy, right?" I said, sarcastically.

"He's also been here longer than you."

I scoffed. "Barely. Don't you worry about Liam getting hurt?"

"Yes, but he can take care of himself."

"So can I."

"I love you, Dereka. That's why I don't want to let you fight."

"I love you too," I said, and decided to let it go, but knowing that that wasn't the only reason he wouldn't let me fight.