¤Chapter 7¤

¤Chapter seven¤

To my surprise my friends went easy on me.

While they were dressed scandalous, I was dressed like me. Just a bit fancier.

Sam only brought over a shirt. A see-through shirt. We bickered over it for a few minutes and I gave up. She's relentless. All I have to do is make sure no one gets me wet tonight and I'll be fine. Simple.

It's a white mesh shirt that's kind of short but my ripped high-waisted jeans were able to cover the areas the shirt didn't. Although it was mesh, the top wasn't too thin. Only bright fluorescent lights would be able to reveal what's underneath. Since we're attending a High School party not a Ball of some sorts, I'm not anticipating many bright lights —nor do I plan on standing near any.

 A simple milk colored bralette concealed the fact that my shirt didn't conceal a lot —which is what clothes are supposed to do. The top was loose so I had room to breathe and I doubt anyone would try to see through my shirt when I had friends like Angie who's willingly showing her ass cheeks and Amy who's one jump away from her nipples saying hello to the world beyond the cotton material of her bodysuit.

I stare at my boots. These were the one thing I would not compromise over. Ever.

"You look more like you're going to a rock concert than a house party" Angie eyed my attire.

"And you look better?" I cross my arms.

"I look normal" She said before reaching behind me and undoing my ponytail.

"Your red streaks are hidden when you put your hair up," She answered my unasked question. "You look more badass this way"

I grin. "Thanks"

◊◊◊

"Hey Oden" I touched my motorcycle gently. He responds by glistening under the LED lights in the garage.

Amy is driving Angie to the party —because she almost killed her driving instructor and therefore doesn't have her license. Sam had to leave before us so she can pick up one of her Cheer buddies. Personally, I'm happy that we're not all going together because if I have to go to an obnoxious party, I need to get a little alone time first. Knowing my friends, they're probably going to embarrass me. And themselves.

I need to prepare for that.

My friends are staring to become a little too attentive. By going to this party I'll prove that I'm doing just fine, and they don't need to worry about me. This entire day has been really strange and although I don't drink often, I plan on taking advantage of the free booze they'll be serving at this party. I'm not happy that Brittney is throwing it or that it's at her house, the house that we've shared so many secrets together in. When we used to be best friends. Regardless I have two priorities for tonight: drink my stress away and avoid getting wet.

The lawn was packed with cars. I parked down the street because there is no way I'm letting one of those crackheads try to violate Oden because they're intoxicated. I pulled out my phone to text the girls that I'm here and I'll wait on the front porch, but decided to read my old messages first.

> Cupcake be safe tonight and let me know if anyone tries anything.

> Actually, never mind that. I'm sure you can handle yourself just fine.

I smile at my dad's messages. I still can't believe he's letting his only daughter be out this late. My curfew is at midnight but the only way they would be mad was if I didn't show up at all.

I click on the other text.

>Hey it's Owen. Again.

>Do I have to identify myself every time I text you?

>Anyways, I'm not sure if you know but Brittney is hosting a party tonight. I know its last minute, but everyone's invited, and I'd love to be graced by THE Madi Field's presence again.

He's here?!

I looked around frantically. Forget everything I said about drinking and proving to my friends I'm fine. I can't face him.

Not right now.

Not until I figure out why the hell, I can't sense his emotions. Without that key I'll forever be locked in the dungeon.

I trudge down the steps. I have to leave before he finds me and traps me in a corner I can't escape from.

"Hey Madi!" Amy waved at me from the driveway. She had her arm linked around Angie who was already getting called at by F-boys. They're everywhere. Even in this small town.

"Hi" I muttered dryly when they were closer.

"Let's get fucking lit whoo hoo!" Angie screamed and a group of guys that were watching her from the porch cheered, holding up red plastic cups. Amy rolled her eyes. She has her work cut out for her as a designated driver if anyone gets drunk.

"Shh," I covered her mouth. "Owen is here somewhere"

"Owen?" Sam poked me playfully. "He's right behind you"

"What?" I spun around nearly getting whiplash. 

Nothing.

When did she get here anyway?

I glared at them. "For that, I won't protect you from the vultures" My eyes wander in the direction of the guys.

"Then can you be my wingman err, woman?" Amy shimmed playfully. The music inside was muffled enough to indicate that the party was actually taking place in the backyard.

It's a pool party.

The girls pulled my reluctant body inside the house, through the living room and out to the backyard where Miley Cyrus was currently blasting from the speakers. Angie walked off then returned with a cup in which she shoved in my hand before winking and running off to dance with the crowd. Sam and Amy gave me a quick hug before following suit.

I've never been one to dance. Even when I was Madison, I hated it. Parties suck. I took a swig of the fizzy drink in the cup. It burned a little as it made its way to down my throat. I burped.

"Nice one" A voice I didn't want to hear spoke in my ear.

My body stiffened.

"Owen" I said his name too low for him to hear but he read my lips and grinned.

"Hey Madison"

»