The Evolution of Malfoy and Quidditch

Guys, I just noticed I technically never wrote a chapter in Harry's perspective. Yeah, sure, from his point of view, but it's always been Percy this and Percy that. I haven't done a chapter where it's focused on Harry and his life, not Percy's. So, I decided after this chapter, I'm going to make the very first Harry focused chapter in this book. I already have a few ideas. Continue on!

Percy PoV-

The book was curious. It was worn in the sense that it was old, but I could tell when it was in use, it was well cared for. There were notes next to brewing instructions, corrections and tips, enough for me to feel whoever this used to belong to was quite the potions master. I traced my finger over the words written inside the cover 'Property of the Half-Blood Prince.' That inscription bothered me, hitting too close to home for comfort. Though Triton was heir to the throne, I was still a prince of the sea, and Half-Blood was another name for demigod. Dumbledore mentioned that it was the name given to wizards and witches with a muggle and pure blood parent, or a half-blood and half-blood parent, so it was probably not what I thought it was.

Harry was sitting next to me, working on his potions homework. To be completely honest, I didn't need the potions book belonging to the Half-Blood Prince. I was surprisingly good at potions and it was probably Hecate doing something with magic to tie in me being a son of Poseidon. Harry on the other hand, wasn't exactly bad, but he could use a leg up. That's when I made my decision. Tapping him in the shoulder, he turned to face me with a look of surprise on his face.

"Yeah?" I slid the book over to him.

"Here, I don't need it. It has some really good information and tips for potions, I figured you'd want it to help out." He took the book and rifled through it.

"Who's the Half-Blood Prince?" I shrugged, just as stumped as he was.

"I don't know, I asked myself the same question." He nodded in understanding.

"Thanks, mate, I really needed this. You sure you don't want it?" I shook my head no.

"I figured you needed it more than I do, no offence." He laughed and shrugged, as if to say, "What can you do?" He thanked me again and stuffed it in his bag, returning to his homework. I stood and left the common room, the portrait door shutting silently behind me. For some reason, a strange feeling came over me when I handed Harry the book, but I shrugged it off as nothing. I wandered the halls until I reached the double-doors that led outside. It was a Saturday and the sky promised a sunny game. Today was our first game of Quidditch, the first two having been cancelled due to weather. At 11:45, Gryffindor was playing against Hufflepuff, and later in the day at 2:00, Slytherin would play against Ravenclaw.

I walked outside and started stretching, preparing myself for the jog. I wanted to do a quick jog before getting ready for the game. Nothing too much since I didn't want to sweat and take another shower before the game when I'd be taking a shower afterwards. I could feel a slight breeze ruffle my hair while I ran, my feet almost silent against the grass. My arms pumped in a familiar motion and I felt a weight lift off my shoulders. It'd been a while since I last went running, in fact, I hadn't gone on a run since I'd arrived at Hogwarts. I did other things to keep up stamina (as a demigod I couldn't afford not to be in shape), running in place, high-knees in place, jumping jacks, burpees, etc.

None of it compared to running though. When it's just you the ground beneath your feet, and the oxygen filling your lungs. It was calming and helped with all the stress, my mind blank and relaxed. All I had to worry about was keeping my legs moving and arms pumping. Unless of course I was running from a monster, but this wasn't the case. I didn't think about my unofficial quest, didn't think about Snape or about stopping Draco from dying. Nor did I think about the missing campers, not Annabeth or Jason. I didn't think about anything, I just ran. Eventually I could feel a little sweat beading at my temple and I stopped, walking to cool down. Going back inside, I followed instructions from a painting to the kitchens. A bottle of water sounded amazing right now.