Chapter Five

Chapter Five

School went back to normal after that night with Ryland, although I never saw him around school anymore. I hadn't told anyone about us either because he asked me not too and I'd rather not get on his bad side.

Nobody at home stopped to realize anything was wrong either. They just went on with their days as if nothing had happened, because in their minds everything was the same as it had been over the last few weeks. Mam was finally starting to pick up the pieces of her shattered heart she had even started going to pilates with the other mothers in our large, well knit communal neighborhood. The only negative part of a well knit neighborhood is that everyone knew everyone, which lead to a lot of gossip.

Everyone had finally started going back to normal, but I couldn't shake the thought of Ryland out of my mind. Even though I knew it was just a game to him it still twinged a little knowing I'd fallen for his ridiculous mind games.

"Are you ever going to tell us who the mystery guy is that has you all sad and depressed" Saoirse began poking me for information on Ryland.

We had all been sitting in the old girls toilets during free period catching up on everything that had happened the week before. We always came to the abandoned toilets because nobody came into them, partly because everyone believed this side of the school was haunted and also because the toilets were all out of order from being left for so many years. But we all huddled up around the clean sinks and chatted away giggling and gossiping for the two free hours we had.

"No I can't tell you who he is.. I promised" I swore laughing as she twitched her small pointed nose at me and shook her head furiously.

Saoirse had beautiful long fire red hair, she had naturally voluminous wavy hair that fell down her back, her emerald green eyes were as fierce as her personality, we had been best friends since play school when a boy took my Cadburys bar and she kicked him in the shin to get it back for me, we were inseparable since.

"So there is a boy" Amanda claimed pushing her small silver rimmed glasses up her petite freckled nose.

"I will never tell you who he is, may you hold me down and tickle me to death" I challenged glancing around at the five girls who had me surrounded by the sink.

The truth is I wanted to tell them, hence why I left one of the small polaroids I had taken from that day hanging out of the pocket of my bag in plain sight for them to see. At least then I could argue that I didn't tell them anything that they investigated and found out! Simple.

"Wait whats that in your bag?" Lydia asked reaching forward with her long slender tanned arm and grabbing the polaroid before I had the chance to say anything.

As soon as she grabbed the photo I knew I was doomed, not because of anything Ryland would do but my friends. That was a whole different situation.

I grabbed onto the sink and pulled myself up to sit on it properly making sure my skirt was underneath me so nobody could see my panda bear knickers. I regretted moving moments after I did, before I could grab them all the polaroids fell out of my bag and spread across the old broken tiles.

Chloe and Lydia picked up a polaroid each and stared at the photos shocked, I could see both anger and excitement in their eyes but I didn't dare speak before they had decided how they felt about the.. situation.

I hadn't seen Ryland around school since he kissed me on my porch that night, it was as if he had completely vanished. So I never got to talk to him about the "situation-ship" we had landed ourselves in.

"The mystery guy is Ryland..".

Yes I know a little bit of a cliff hanger but honestly I couldn't help myself! I hope you enjoyed it though even though it was a small chapter it was still hella juicy. See you soon loves x