Chapter Two: It's Magical

Dean and Castiel had been visiting each other for three days now. Things became a bit more intense, despite their relationships. Dean was "dating" Jo, and Castiel was dating Meg Masters, the leader of the Masters Tribe.

Castiel was in his room, getting ready to see Dean, when Meg walked in.

"Hey, Clarence."

Cas turned and looked at her. "Hey, Meg. I still don't know why you call me that."

"Because you're my angel." She smiled.

She walked up to him and kissed him. Although Cas knew he loved her, kissing her was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable.

"And you are my angel." He smiled back at her.

"Where have you been going these past few days?"

"Out in the forest. Just need to clear my head. You know I go out there."

"Yeah, but you go there so much more often now. I miss you." He kissed her, every fiber of his being telling him not to.

"You know I always come back."

"That doesn't make me feel any better."

"Yeah, well, it's the best I've got." He smiled again.

"You're going out there now, aren't you?"

"Yep." He replied, popping the letter "p".

"Do you think I could come with you?"

Cas began to internally panic. "Oh, come on. I'm with you all the time. Everyone needs some alone time. It's my me time."

Meg nodded in understanding, but she still looked hurt. "Yeah. Of course. Just promise me you'll be safe."

"Cross my heart." They both smiled.

When he left the bunker, he only expected a friendly chat with Dean. It was definitely a lot more than a friendly chat.

He got to their spot in the middle of the forest and found Dean there. He was quite surprised by what awaited there. He was on a blanket with a picnic basket, smiling when he laid eyes on Cas. Cas smiled when he saw him as well.

"Dean, what is this?" He asked.

"I brought lunch."

They ate their lunch--burgers and pie--and talked about anything that came to mind. They eventually discussed something they were both very passionate about. Literature.

"To be honest, I didn't actually read the books until the movies came out." Cas laughed.

"Are you kidding? I read the books long before the movies were even an idea! Rick Riordan is a friggin genius!"

"Indeed he is. But I'm not sure what I like better: Percy Jackson or Harry Potter."

"I don't think I can read Harry Potter anymore." Dean chuckled. Cas laughed with him, and he kinda saw where he was coming from.

"I can never talk about this stuff with Meg. She hates books. She always thinks the movies are so much better. This is her argument: 'But with movies it's only two hours long! It takes like a month to finish a book!'" Dean laughed at his impression of Meg. He didn't know what she really sounded like, but his impersonation was still entertaining.

"I think my favorite book is The Fault In Our Stars. It's great, isn't it?" He looked at Cas, who had an embarrassed look on his face.

"I haven't actually read that one. Revolution kinda got in the way."

Dean shrugged. "No big deal. I bet there's a lot of people who haven't read it."

Cas nodded bashfully. He perked up a little when he thought of one of his favorites.

"Have you ever read The Soul Seekers series?"

Dean's eyes widened a little at the title. "Oh my god, I love those! For a while, I wasn't even entirely sure what it was about, but it was always the way the author wrote the books. The word choice was incredible! It is seriously underrated." He looked at Cas, who was staring at him intently.

He realized why he didn't like kissing Meg. He'd rather kiss Dean. The warlock who was as passionate about books as he was. He and Dean connected on a level he and Meg could never connect on. He never met someone else who loved The Soul Seekers like he did. He knew other fans, of course, but they didn't like it for the same reason he did.

The word choice was incredible.

Without actually thinking about what he was doing, he leaned in and kissed Dean. Or perhaps he was thinking, and that's what motivated him. When their lips connected, time seemed to slow down, and they were stuck in that moment forever. It was magical. He had kissed Meg so many times, but it was never like this. And he soon realized something.

Dean was kissing him back.