Arriving

Mason's Pov

"Come on Lucy, we're here.", I told her, easing her out of the car. We walked into the house, and as soon as we stepped in, Lucy took of her shoes and put them outside, then stayed on the wooden part instead of coming on the carpet.

"Lucy? Come on, you must be tired. How about we go to bed?", I asked her. Immediately Lucy started shaking. 

"P-Pl-Please d-do-don't m-mister. I-I'll b-be be-better n-next t-time.", she stuttered out, looking scared out of her mind. Tears ran down her face, and she slowly started backing up towards the wall.

My wolf growled at the thought of what happened to her that made her act like this.

"I don't like her calling us mister. She's our mate.", my wolf Darius said.

"I agree", I said.

"Hey, Hey, it's okay Lucy. I won't try anything. Let's just go to bed okay? And don't call me mister, call me Mason, okay?"

"O-Okay, M-Mister M-Ma-Mason.", she stuttered out, not getting what I meant. My heart broke at what she was calling me. I'm her mate, not her master.

"No, Lucy. I meant just Mason. No Mister, no Sir, none of that. Okay, love?", I said to her softly. 

"S-So-Sorry M-Ma-Mason,", she whimpered, then flinched, as if expecting a blow. 

"It's alright Lucy. Let's go to bed, okay?"

"O-Ok, M-Ma-Mason."

We went upstairs to my room. (pic up above) I went into the bathroom to change, leaving Lucy to, hopefully, relax and sleep. When I got out, I found Lucy curled up, resting against the wall, her eyes closed as if trying to go to sleep.

"Lucy? What are you doing huddled in that corner, babe? Come sleep on the bed.", I told her.

"Her pack didn't let her sleep on a bed. We found her crying in that corner, so that must be where she sleeps." Darius said.

"It's okay sweetheart. You can sleep on the bed here, I won't do anything to you.", I said. Her face had a bit of disbelief on it, mixed with fear.

"T-Th-Thank y-you M-Ma-Mason.", she said, slowly getting up. I led her to the bed. She moved the covers to the side, and laid down, while firmly gripping the covers around her body. 

"Lucy, you can relax now. I promise I won't do anything to you and I won't take away your covers. You can relax with me, Lucy.", I told her softly. She nodded then slowly let go of the covers, staring at me warily while letting them go and slowly forced her body to relax. I turned off the lights, walked over to the bed, and laid down next to her. As soon as I touched her, Lucy immediately jumped, shaking from fear. 

"Are you okay Lucy?"

"I-I'm f-fine M-Ma-Mason. Y-you j-ju-just s-sc-scared m-me.", she said. I nodded my head, and got comfortable in the covers.

"Good night Lucy", I said.

"G-Good n-ni-night M-Ma-Mason," She whispered. And I slept the best sleep I had ever had, contently holding my lovely mate.

*******************

Lucy's Pov

I stayed awake all night. I didn't know what would happen if I woke up late or if he tried to do something to me. I knew that this was all just a trick, I mean, I was just a worthless slave. In the morning, he would probably punish me for breaking any rules today. He seemed stronger than my old alpha, and when he walked, I could see his shoulder muscles move. I shuddered. I wonder how hard he was going to hit me. 

*******time skip cause I'm lazy like that***********

It was 6 o'clock. I slowly got out of Mason's hold. When I first entered, from the corner of my eye I could see the house had some cleaning to do. So I got right to it. First I started with the kitchen. I washed all of the dirty dishes, then scrubbed the sink. I cleaned the kitchen counters and organized all the cabinets and the refrigerator. Then I went over to the living room. I picked up any big chunks of food, magazines, and other stuff that didn't belong there. I organized the pillows on the couches, fixed the rug, then swept the living room. By the time I got done with cleaning, it was 9 o'clock. I quickly started to make breakfast, not wanting Mason to punish me for making him breakfast late. I made him some eggs, made some pancakes, made tea, and set them all out on the kitchen table. I laid out the spoon and fork that Mason might need, then anxiously waited in the corner for him to wake up.

***********

Mason's Pov

I woke up at 8:30, missing the touch of my mate. I got up from bed, then walked downstairs. When I came downstairs, I saw a delicious looking breakfast, and my mate standing in the corner of the living room, head leaning against the wall.

"Lucy?", I called out. She immediately jumped in fright, and looked at me. Her eyes filled with terror, then, as if remembering something, immediately looked down.

"Yes mister?", she said. Why did she call me that? Didn't I tell her to call me Mason? Did she really think I was going to hurt her if she didn't call me mister?

"Lucy, what did I tell you about calling me that?", I said, walking towards her. As soon as I got to a reaching distance, she started shaking.

"I-I'm r-re-really s-so-sorry M-Ma-Mason. I-I promise I w-wo-won't d-do i-it a-ag-again.", she stuttered out, pushing herself all the way on the wall.

"Look at what you did, you idiot. You made mate scared! Comfort her quick!" Darius growled out.

"It's okay Lucy.", I said. "Come on, let's go eat breakfast.". I went over and sat on the chair that had food in front, while Lucy sat beside me. I happily started eating a little bit of everything, making sure to save some for Lucy. Speaking of Lucy, I can see that she still hasn't eaten anything.

"What's wrong Lucy? Do you not like the food?", I asked her.

"N-No M-Ma-Mason. I d-do. I-It's j-ju-just t-that I-I d-don't w-want y-you t-to p-punish m-me b-by e-eating w-with y-you.", she whispered. My wolf growled at that.

"Mate needs to understand that we won't hurt her. TALK TO MATE! TALK TO MATE!", he chanted in my head.

"Come here, Lucy. I need to talk to you.", I said, pulling her over to the living room. We sat down in the couches, and I noticed that Lucy was shaking. I reached for her hand, and she flinched so hard I thought she was hurt. 

"Don't worry Lucy. I won't hurt you. I promise.", I told her softly, trying to ignore the stabbing pain in my heart when she flinched away from me.

"W-What i-is it y-you w-wanted t-to t-talk a-about, M-Ma-Mason? I-I'm s-s-sorry i-if y-you d-didn't l-like b-breakfast. I-I'll m-make i-it b-better n-next t-time. P-Please d-d-don't h-hurt m-me.", she whimpered.

"No, Lucy. I loved breakfast. But we need to talk about some things. There are some things that you need to know I will never do. But first, let's start from the beginning.", I said. 

I could tell Lucy was scared. She was shaking, her hands were tightly gripping her chair, and whenever she heard a loud noise, she would jump or flinch.

"Okay Lucy, so, before I start, do you know what a mate is?", I asked her, trying to start things light. She shook her head no.

"Well, a mate is like a soulmate. It's the love of your life, and you feel naturally attracted to them." I took a deep breath. Well, here goes.

"Lucy...Me and you are mates."

Whew! That was 1325 words y'all. I worked my fingers off for this! But anyways...how do you guys like it? There will be more action in the next chapter, but as for now, comment below, stay sweet, stay kind, and have an amazing day, afternoon, or night.