Getting To Know Each Other

Lucy's Pov:

This is a trick. It has to be. I've known masters like him who will be nice to me for the first couple of weeks, and then punish me for every slip up I have done. This just makes me even more and more scared of my master, especially since he's my mate. He'll probably reject me and keep me as his slave for the rest of my sad, lonesome life. 

Mason's Pov:

"Lucy?", I called out to her.

"Y-Yes M-Mason?", she stuttered nervously.

"Do you wanna play 20 questions? We can get to know each other and maybe you'll trust me more.", I tell her, hoping she'd say yes, Although, I feel like she says yes only because she's scared I'll get mad at her and hurt her if she doesn't. It pains me to see that she's so scared of someone she should love and trust, but I know that these things take time and she can't help the way she feels.

"Y-Yes M-Mason.", she said, again, out of obedience, but I could tell that she was slightly scared.

"Okay, so I'll go first. What's your favorite color?", I ask her, cliche, I know, but it's all I could think of.

"U-Um, B-Blue.", she said.

We sat in awkward silence for a while, then I said, "You're supposed to ask me a question each time after I ask you a question, Love"

"I-I'm s-sorry. P-Please f-forgive m-me. I-I d-don't k-know h-how t-to p-play.", she said.

"It's okay Lucy, you're fine, you're not in trouble. Now, how about you ask me a question?", I said, sad that she was so scared.

"O-Okay. U-Um, w-what's y-your f-favorite c-color?", she said nervously, then flinched and ducked her head as if expecting a blow.

"Don't worry, Lucy, I won't hurt you no matter what you ask, and my favorite color is black. Okay, so, my turn. What's your favorite food?"

"Food? U-Um, I-I've always had bread and c-cheese, so I guess that's m-my f-favorite f-food."

My jaw dropped. What? How could anyone survive on just bread and cheese? No spaghetti? Pizza? Chocolate? SHE'S NEVER HAD ANY CHOCOLATE?!?!?!?

"Well, I think we should wrap up our game of 20 questions, don't you?" I say. I don't want to be rude, but it won't do me any good and it'll probably give her bad memories if I keep talking about her past. 

"B-But that wasn't 20 questions.", she said, confusion on her face. I looked up startled. She talked without me asking her anything. OMG, she's getting better now!

"I-I'm r-really s-sorry M-Mason, I-I didn't mean t-to q-question y-you! I j-just t-thought t-that t-the g-game w-was s-supposed t-to b-be 20 questions. I-I'm r-really s-sorry i-if I r-ruined t-the g-game.", she said, her face full of fear.

"Don't worry Lucy, you're not in trouble, come on, why don't we have a snack?", I said.

"If it pleases you, Mason.", she said.

"What would you like, hot chocolate or Oreos?", I ask, but then remember she's never had any of those before. 

"Never mind, would you like to try hot chocolate first?", I ask.

"Whatever pleases you, Mason.", she whispered.

I sighed heavily, regretting it when she flinched a little. 

"I appreciate you being obedient, Lucy, but I don't want you to be submissive all the time.", I say, but I immediately regretted it. She lowered her head. 

"I'm sorry Mason. If you don't like it, I'll just be quiet," she says. Her face looks scared and sad, and I had to suppress the urge to cry. 

"You dumbass piece of shit. Why was I paired with a stupid human like you? YOU MADE MATE SAD!!! MAKE HER HAPPIER NOW!!!"

''Ow okay sheesh stupid wolf! Don't have to be so mean you know!"

"And you don't have to be so dumb ya know," Darius snickered.

"No, no, that's not what I meant, Lucy. I just want you to pick what you want to do."

She nods, though she still shakes, and I feel her sadness and fear through the mate bond.

" Now, why don't we make some hot chocolate hmm?" I say, trying to ease the atmosphere around us.