Chapter 3

*Next morning*

 As I got on the bus I felt tired. That maths homework had taken longer than I thought it would. I hadn't gone to bed until 12:00 and I was tired even then. I needed to get to bed earlier than that or I would spend the entire year sleeping in class.

 Then Clare got on the bus and slowly walked down the aisle towards me with the same haggard expression I had on my face. I guess the homework was hard for everyone not just me.

 She gave me a half smile and sat down beside me with a huff. I can't believe it took me so long!

 "So I can see you had it just as hard as me doing that maths homework, it drove me nuts I even had to get my parents to help me with it, and they even found it difficult" she groaned and flopped back in her seat.

 "Yea I know I was up till 12:00 trying to get it finished" I said yawning and covering my mouth.

 "Next time you're coming to mine and we will do it together" She gave me a small smile and got a book out from her bag.

 "Whatcha reading" I smiled yawning again.

 "Uh just a random book from the library. Unfortunately it’s not very good but I've started reading it so I will finish it" she frowned and her head disappeared into the book.

 "Okay" I would have to learn to bring a book with me to school from now on she is obviously a serious book reader.

 The rest of the bus ride passed in silence. I really would need to bring a book from now on.

 When we got to school I turned and went to get off the bus when I felt a tickle going down my back. "Clare was that you?"

 "No what?" she looked at me curiously.

 "Oh don't worry just felt a little tickle going down my back" I smiled "don't worry I'm just a little tense today."