Chapter 5: Christian Draydan!

"That him?" Louisse asked at her shoulder and as her two worlds collided, Bea smiled. "Yeah. That's him. Or that is he. Christian Draydan. The first man I ever loved."

"Yeah well, if you feel any familiar twinges, just let me know," Louisse muttered in her ear.

The tone of her voice caused Bea to turn, and she caught her girlfriend's eye. "You're not jealous?" she asked. "Seriously?"

"I'm just saying," she stated flatly. "I've heard you talk about that man. I know what he meant to you."

"That was years ago! I was a confused kid! And if that doesn't help you feel better, I'm freaking gay!"

Louisse watched the man as he talked with another teacher and considered what she had heard. "Well, I am much cuter than he is."

"Yeah, you are. And you have boobs. Big bonus, the boobs."

"Fine," Louisse said as she lifted her camera and took half a dozen pictures of the man called Christian Draydan. "But if he tries anything, he's going down."

"You're crazy, you know that? Certifiably bonkers." Redirecting her attention back down the hallway, Bea watched as the man she had called Drybo turned and saw her. As he did, she smiled.

"If he does a slo-mo run towards you, I'm gonna trip him," Louisse warned, causing Bea to burst into laughter.

"You made it," Chris greeted with a warm smile, offering his hand.

"Yes, I did," Bea replied, taking his hand. "I wouldn't have missed this for the world."

Grinning, Chris glanced across at Louisse as he spoke. "Well, you have no idea how grateful we are and how excited the kids are to meet you..."

"Chris Draydan, please may I introduce Louisse, my photographer." Bea had seen the effect of Louisse's beauty on hundreds of people in the time she had known her, and had quickly learned that giving a name to the vision helped most find their bearings again. This time was no exception.

"Louisse," Chris smiled.

"Chris," she smiled in response. "I have heard an awful lot about you. It is a pleasure to finally meet you in person."

"Well, thank you both for coming. As I said, everyone is so excited. There was a delivery of several boxes this morning, all addressed to you," he said to Bea, "and there has been no chance of calming anyone down since! But come on. Let's get you set up in the hall before all the kids get there."