021: Redamency

Redamency:

Noun.
The act of loving someone in return.

~

"Fishhh!" Hikaru and Kaoru shouted in unison. They leaned over his desk and closed their eyes while they grinned. Rin rolled his eyes then looked at Haruhi who was standing behind the two twins. 

"Hey, Rin," Haruhi greeted and waved. Rin waved back and nodded shortly. The twins frowned slightly at his choice to ignore them. 

"Hey, Rin," Hikaru and Kaoru said in a flat tone. "You went on a date with Honey-senpai, right?" 

"Yeah, I did," Rin answered. There was a warm feeling in his chest from the thought of the memories. "Why?" 

"Well, how did it go?" Hikaru responded. Rin narrowed his eyes at them and stared at the boys suspiciously.

"We're your friends, and we want to know how your first date with him went," Kaoru added. Rin rolled his eyes back and fought the smile that was threatening to appear. 

"It went well; it was great," Rin explained. His pale cheeks became slightly red. "Let's not talk about it," Rin said slightly embarrassed. 

~*~

Honey skipped happily beside his taller cousin. He had a tight grip on his pink bunny plush. The two were going to the cafeteria for lunch. "Hey, Haninozuka," Malik said. He walked down the hall with the two. "How did your date with my little brother go?" he asked and began to smirk. His eyes trailed down to the bunny in his hands and stayed there for a second. "He won't tell me anything about it." 

"Yeah, and there's a pretty damn good reason for that," Rin cut in and pushed him away. The two brothers glared at each other for a few seconds. Rin hand one hand in his pocket and the other holding a glass bottle. Honey looked at his older cousin. Mori nodded in response and set his hand on Honey's head for a few seconds. Mori walked away and continued going down the hallway.

Honey stepped closer to Rin and tugged on his sleeve. Both of the vampires turned towards him. "Uh, Rin, do you want to go get lunch?" His voice was a little shaky. Rin's face instantly softened, and he nodded. Rin put his free hand on Honey's shoulder. 

"Let's go, Honey," Rin mumbled and walked away from his brother. The two walked together in silence. A few students around them were talking about how they were alone together, but everyone at least glanced in their direction. Honey nervously looked around and hugged Usa-chan to his chest. "Hey, are you nervous?" Rin whispered loud enough for him to hear. 

"Yeah," Honey squeaked softly. Rin stopped walking and turned towards him. He looked at the shorter boy with a caring and worried face. 

"What's wrong, Mitskuni?" Rin asked quietly. Honey hummed and looked around at the other students. 

"Are they talking about us... because I'm not with Takashi like usually?" Honey asked. If it wasn't Rin's strong hearing, he wouldn't have been able to hear him at all. Rin hummed slightly. His eyes trailed away from Honey and to the ground.

"Honey-Senpai is with Rin instead of Mori-senpai, so I guess that means Honey-senpai really likes him, huh? 

"That's a little weird. I thought Honey-senpai would've been scared of vampires." 

"Maybe he is, and Rin protects him! That's so cute. I ship it!" 

"Shut up, slut. You ship everyone and everything together." 

"Yeah, they are, Honey," Rin answered. A smile appeared on his face - a real, genuine smile. "It's only good things, Love. You don't have to worry," Rin said. He placed his hand on top of Honey's head and comfortingly ran his fingers through his hair. 

"You're so silly, Fishie," Honey giggled and leaned into Rin's hand. 

"DOn't call me a slut, you HOe. WOUld you AT LEAst look at them? They would be adorable together."

Rin smiled wider at hearing them. Honey and Rin stared at each other for another second before they kept walking.

When they got to the cafeteria, Honey got his food while Rin waited for him and went to sit with Tamaki, Kyoya, and Mori. "Oh, hi, Rin, Honey-senpai," Tamaki said. "We thought you two would've wanted to sit alone together."

"We wanted to sit next with you guys," Rin shrugged and glanced at Honey who was smiling and nodding. Rin twisted the bottle cap off and took a few sips. He was still very insecure about eating in front of regular humans. 

"So," Tamaki started. Rin brought the rim of the bottle to his lips and took a gulp while he waited for Tamaki to continue. "What did you guys do on your first date?" Rin smiled softly and turned to Honey who was stuttering a bunch of syllables. 

"We had a picnic... watched clouds and talked," Rin answered calmly. His eyes stayed on Honey while he shrugged. Honey stared up at Rin and quickly calmed down. His cheeks and ears were bright red. Honey smiled at him then looked down to his lap. Rin's smile widened and his eyes trailed down to the tabletop.

"You both had fun?" Tamaki asked and smiled at the two. Honey grinned widely and nodded.

"Yeah," Rin mumbled. It wasn't until two familiar faces approached the table when Rin's smile faded. Both of the Inoue brothers stood there. Niko had a slightly annoyed and worried expression, and Kaito was angry and embarrassed. "Niko, Kaito, hey," Rin trailed off.

"Can we talk to you alone, Fish?" Niko asked. Rin's blue eyes looked towards Honey. He frowned at the worried look on his face. "Please, Rin? It'll only take a second." Niko placed a hand on Rin's shoulder.

"Don't fuckin' touch him," Kaito mumbled. Niko rolled his eyes.

"Don't fuckin' tell me what to do," Niko scoffed. "You're not in charge of me, and you can't tell me who I can and can't be friends with. We've been over that."

"Huh, yeah... Friends," Kaito hissed. Rin eyes widened with panic, so he screwed the cap back onto the bottle and stood up quickly. He looked at Honey who was staring at Rin with a worried look.

"Sorry, guys, I'll see you all later," Rin said to the group. He turned back to the brothers who were arguing silently. "Will you two shut up already?" Rin groaned.

"Shut your whore mouth," Kaito responded sharply. Rin glared at him for a second before grabbing Kaito's tie and pulling him out of the cafeteria. The two were out of the room within seconds.

"Um, Niko-chan? Are they gonna fight? Why does he hate Fishie so much?" Honey asked worriedly.

"Oh, uh, you don't know..?" Niko asked. The smaller blonde shook his head. "Well, ummm... I should go find them to make sure they aren't fighting!" After he finished speaking, Niko zoomed out of the room to find the two vampires.

"Is... Is Fishie hiding something from us?" Honey asked. He looked towards the three other hosts with a worried face. Mori frowned slightly at his cousin but stayed silent.

Wc 1192