ii. destined to love

Otherside - Post MaloneThe rain poured hard on the city of Montana

The rain poured hard on the city of Montana. The cage offered no protection from the cold rain as she sat in the very corner with her arms around her body. Her body shook and her teeth chattered. The clothing that stuck to her body like a second skin did her no justice either.

Her right hand moved from her knee to wrap around one of the rusted steel bars, she watched the water fall onto her fingertips and onto the ground.

A sob escaped her, and she covered her face with shaking hands. Her heart ached when she thought about the man she was destined to love. How was she supposed to love him after everything he has put the people of this county through, after everything he put her through?

Jacob watched from afar, his own steel heart in the same pain as the young womans. If it was anyone else, he could care less... but this was his soulmate. His.

Jacob watched as his soulmates lips trembled as she cried, how her tears mixed with the rain on her cheeks. He ran his hand down his face and through his red beard. He was still partly shocked that after all these years he has finally found his second half.

As a child he noticed the other children with their marks, indicating their soulmate... Jacob didn't think much about it.

Then as a teenager in a juvenile detention centre, well... he very much thought it was a sign. That after everything that has happened, maybe he didn't deserve a soulmate.

Jacob grits his teeth and his blue eyes scan the area of the compound, no VIP's or chosen in sight. He pushes of the rail and heads back through his office, heading down to the cages where his girl sits.

She didn't move when the door of the rusted cage was pushed open by his large calloused hands. His eyes stayed on her still form as he placed the key on his hip.

Her head rested against the wall she was leaning against. Her eyes were closed and rain fell down the sides of her face.

He approached the young girl and bent down to her level.

"Hey there pup... Let's get you outta' here." He whispered and cupped the side of her head.

He smiled when she lent into his touch, watching as she closed her eyes when his fingers began to massage her scalp.

She whimpered when he holstered her up in his arms. The female opened her eyes and looked up, a beautiful pair of blue eyes were looking down at her. She wrapped her own lazily around him, snuggling her face into the crook of his neck. She closed her eyes and moaned softly at the heat radiating off the large man, a yawn escaping her chapped and cracked lips.

Jacob looked down at the unconscious girl in his arms... a small smile appeared on his face.

He had his soulmate in his arms, and he wasn't sure how this was going to go but... for now, it's enough.