iii. a sheep in a wolves den

(Don't need nobody - Ellie Goulding)

The soft sunlight lit up the room of Jacob's office. It was warm and humid, a wonderful peace after a night of a harsh storm... The light wind from the open doors to balcony caused goosebumps on her arms to appear. She subconsciously pulled the blanket closer to her waking body, enjoying the feeling of warmth and comfort...

The omega suddenly opened her eyes and her body shot up, "what the hell?" She whispered.

She looked around the room, at the photos on the walls, the scattered papers, etc. Wondering just how and why she was out of that god forsaken cage.

Removing the blanket from her body, she stood up and walked across the room where the large office desk sat. The floorboards creaked with every step until she came to a halt.

Across the desk were cult plans, arrangements, fax copies, ripped letters from both John and Joseph, 'JACOB SEED' the envelope read. Walking away from the desk, she turned towards the wall where photographs were pinned to the wall. The deputy, dead centre with a vibrant red circle surrounding his photo. Amongst his photo were numerous resistance members who the cult were after for disrupting Joseph's plan.

Her ears perked up at the sound of someone running up the stairs to the office, she moved towards the door and rested her back on the wall...

The door opened and she pushed the person against the open door, her hand wrapping around their throat. A low growl escaped her dry lips and the man looked at her in fear. His tired brown eyes held obvious fear as she pinned him against the wall.

"Wait! Please don't-" He struggles to say due to the lack of air, he begins to cough and grab onto her small hand until his eyes begin to roll to the back of his head.

She growled once more before reluctantly removing her hand from his throat, watching as he fell onto the ground grasping his throat and reviling in the feeling of air filling his lungs.

His jacket said PRATT on the right side, amongst a seal... the cop.

"J-Jacob... wants... wants you." He says breathlessly.

"Where the hell is he then?" She questioned Pratt who's still on the floor trying to catch his breath.

"The hell is going on here Peaches?" Jacob's voice filled the room, both the girl and Pratt immediately feeling fear from the eldest brothers presence. "Taken down by the tiny omega?" He smirks at the cop.

Jacob entered the room and stepped around the girl and Pratt who stared down at the floor, not daring to meet the alphas eyes.

"Get the hell out of here, Peaches." Jacob orders and Pratt practically jumped onto his feet and ran out of the room, closing the door behind him.

She stared at the back of Jacob's head as he looked outside at the long row of cages below. Silence filled the room and she began to feel uncomfortable...

"A little sheep in the wolves den..." He chuckled. "Wandered a little too far from home..."

"What do you want with me?" You questioned.

"You know exactly what I want." He turned around and looked at her. She lifted her head up and held a strong face in hope of not looking like a scared little girl. His gaze is nothing but intimidating and all the omega wants to do is curl up into a ball and hide. "Joseph told me I would find what I have been looking for all this time, that I would find the missing piece in me... I didn't expect it to be you. A small frail omega..."

"I'm not frail." She muttered

"Yeah I see that... really gave Peaches a hard time..." He chuckled, rolling his tongue against his front teeth, and walks towards the small fridge beside the bed. "Here, you need to keep your strength." He places a plate of leftover food on the table and her mouth watered at the sight.

She looked at Jacob and a wave of anger washed over her, angry at how he left her there to die and now suddenly you're mates with this despicable man... "Keep my strength? Suddenly you care about my health? You kept me in a cage for nearly a month until you decided to finally take a damn stroll the last cage where I sat?! And what now we're mates?!" She growled, with no regard for the consequences of her own words, "We're not... we're not mates." She sneered, "I'm not what you have been looking for and I'm not your missing half." You say with glowing eyes, the fire leaving your body and that same fear filling your bones at the angry look in Jacob's eyes. "I wasn't supposed to be here." She cried, "It wasn't supposed to be like this."

"This is how it was always supposed to be." He growled, "now I suggest you do as you're told unless you want to go back into that cage. Eat the damn food."