|Threat|

•CHAPTER FOURTEEN•

Gasping, I whip around quickly, my eyes falling onto bright red orbs.

I feel the atmosphere in the room drop a few degrees, the cold biting at the tips of my fingers.

"Ah, where are my manners?" He snaps his fingers, and the lights flick on.

His red eyes narrow at me as a smile creeps onto his face. His sharp teeth glint in the light, begging for a bite of something...savory.

"Demerius," I whisper shakily, clenching my hands into fists.

"Yes. It is I," he chuckles, taking a seat, "I want to know more about you." Leaning forward, he grabs the bottled liquor from the glass table, pouring himself some.

I glance at the door, tensing my body to spring into action if need be. I could try to make a run for it, even though I'm one hundred percent certain I wouldn't make it far.

Where the hell is Hades?

"Ah,ah, ah. Don't even go there. Hades is nowhere near here. And plus, I know you're not that dense to attempt to escape. Am I correct?" His eyes gleam wickedly as he takes in the fear that was probably evident on my face, and in my stance.

He was in his zone, perfectly capable of attacking me without second thought. I was the sheep and he was the wolf, and he'd no doubt strike me if he was hungry enough. Or maybe, strike me just for play.

"Sit, sit," he waves his hand, and an unknown force pushes me down into the nearest seat. I gasp, trying to stand. But it was no use. It was as if something heavy was rendering me immobile.

"Now, who are you to Hades? Why would he bring a mortal like you, alive, down here to keep in his bed? Surely, it isn't that good." He brings the glass up to his lips, taking a quick swing. All the while, he's staring at me over the rim with inquisitive eyes.

I work to slow down my fast paced heart, lifting my head in defiance. "I'm no one. He's using me." I fight to keep my voice light, devoid of anything tell-tale signs of a myth.

He tilts his head down, smirking. "Come on, Sammi! You should know better than to lie to me." Setting the glass bottle down hard on the table, he stands, sauntering over to me in a predatory like motion.

Once he's only a few steps away, he squats, staring me deep in the eyes. I try to hold his gaze for as long as possible, his red eyes glaring back at me reminding me of a long burning fire. Soon though, I feel my eyes water and my face burn as if it was being scratched with sandpaper.

Surprise registers on his face, as if he was impressed by me.

"No, he hasn't been using you. You're something else to him. I can feel it."

He stands, pacing slowly back and forth, before doing a teasing circle around me. "Hmm, baby mama?" He drops his head down onto my shoulder, speaking lowly. I grip the chair handles tightly, tightening my jaw.

"Nope." He stops in front of me, tilting his head. "If I didn't know any better...." Demerius does a dramatic one-eighty, before glancing over his shoulder, "...I'd say...beloved."

I stay quiet, not giving anything away.

My silence must've irritated him, because the next thing I know, he's spinning back around towards me and a sharp sting reverberates across my cheek.

My head whips to the left, nearly falling off of my shoulders. I bite back a whimper as I tasted blood in my mouth.

He places his hands over mine on the chair handles, tightening his grip as he hisses, "Tell me who you are, you little bitch."

I laugh, spitting out the blood on the floor. Gathering my wits, I lift my head, staring him straight in the eye before whispering coldly, "Bite me."

His eyes widen, something unidentifiable flashing over his face before he shakes his head, wiping whatever he saw out.

"I'll be coming back, and next time, you will tell me who you are. I can't have someone like you messing up my plans." He spits, glaring at me in disgust.

"Would you like to share?" I smile, blinking up at him innocently.

He growls, marching towards me to hit me once more. But, he stops, clenching his fists as his head turns towards the door. "We're not done...and oh, I wouldn't tell Hades about this if I were you. Wouldn't want your family and friends to suddenly turn up dead now would we?" He smirks at me before vanishing.

Unexpectedly, the door slams open. I flick my eyes up lazily at the two large blocks of people who were rapidly approaching.

My vision distorted, and I shook my head, trying to clear it up.

"Samira!" A man advances towards me quickly, his dark hair falling into his beautiful blue eyes.

A flash of fiery orange hair treads closer, and instantly, my vision rushes back to me.

I gasp, taking in deep breaths of air as my body is finally released from the heavy hold. I didn't realize I wasn't breathing.

"Samira," a voice growls. "What the hell is wrong with you?" Hades glares at me, his jaw ticking unsteadily.

I stand quickly, rushing to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror, I place my hand on my face gingerly, rubbing the spot where Demerius had slapped me.

There was nothing. No red mark, no slight bruising. It was as if it was all a dream.

A dark figure looms behind me, and I drop my shoulders, letting my body relax in the presence of my beloved.

"I asked you a question," Hades says gruffly, gripping my arm to turn me around.

Felix nods at Hades, glancing over at me worriedly before covering it up with a stoic facade. He, too, disappears into thin air.

"What do you mean?" I breathe, looking down at his not-so-gentle grip.

"Why did you attack Demerius? How did you even attack?"

I furrow my brows. "Hades what the hell are you talking about? I didn't attack him! He attacked-" I pause, remembering his threat from earlier.

"Wouldn't want your family and friends to suddenly turn up dead now would we?"

I shiver, my face paling. I couldn't tell Hades. I wouldn't. I wouldn't let him hurt my friends.