3

italics: minho

seungmin woke up from his sleep due to the sunlight that enters the room.

the first thing that comes right into his mind was minho, so he went to check on him―and not to mention, checking his heartbeat.

something's strange. the monitor shows a more steady, not-so-fast and not-so-slow heartbeat. it might be a sign of something good or bad. not knowing what to do, seungmin pressed the emergency button, and a doctor came in no time.

"alright, what's his emergency?"

"i don't know―when i woke up earlier, the monitor shows that." seungmin pointed at the monitor.

"so you're trying to say that his heartbeat becomes more stable?"

"i guess. i don't know about this kind of stuffs, doc."

"ah, i see." the said doctor worked with some things—which, to be honest, just looked like a bunch of technology from other universes in seungmin's eyes—beside minho. a good five minutes later, he came back to seungmin.

"good news. his body is working on its own right now, so you better be prepared, just in case he wakes up." with that said, he left the room.

seungmin sat again on his chair, which he never moved from its original place. on minho's left side.

"your body is working on your own! that's great to hear; i can't wait to spend time together with you again!"

still no response.

"alright, alright." seungmin slowed down, realizing the bitter fact that he's still talking to himself. "just so you know, your hands are very dry. must be because you lack of water and nutrition, that's not great to know. i'll go get your hand cream, wait here for a while, okay?"

a moment later, seungmin is busy applying the cream on minho's hands. while hoping that he'll wake up somehow. not realistic and too cliché, he knows.

done with his works, seungmin stared at minho again. that's when he realized that minho is struggling. seungmin could tell by his expression. what could it be?

"hyung, minho-hyung?" seungmin tried to shake minho's hand, but the hand rejects his action.

"hyung, can you hear me? hyung!"

i'm okay, seungmin. relax.

"hyung! wake up! you're struggling with something, i can tell! just please hear me out, hyung!"

oh wait, you can't even hear me. can i move my hand? let me try... oh, i can. the only problem left is my eyes; they won't open no matter how hard i try.

my hand hit something. another hand. it must be seungmin's. sorry, min. i didn't know that.

"hyung?"

you slowed down, finally. you probably know that i'm fine, despite my eyes. i'm fine. you're not fine, i know it.

"you're probably fine..."

uh-huh, continue...

"but i'm not."

see?

i'm sorry, min. i didn't choose this; i didn't want this.

"the driver that hit you the other day had apologized, both to me and to you. do you forgive her?"

yeah, i do.

"i still don't."

ye-- wait, what?!

"she should've never drive if she's sleepy, yet, she did. why is that?"

uhh... because she had important things to do and she was sleepy at the moment? man, how should i know?

"do you know? you probably don't know. i'll tell you."

yeah, i don't know. please tell me.

"she was not sleepy at all. she hit you on purpose."

wait, what? somebody really hates me, then.

"it was jaekyung."

what the fuck.

"i could imagine you putting on your weirdest face and saying 'what the fuck' right now." seungmin chuckled. it died down eventually.

i did say 'what the fuck'... what does she want from me now?

"she still hates you, despite everything you've done to her."

i really hate her sometimes.

"changbin-hyung reported her to the police. she's arrested now. for attempted murder. there were witnesses as well and she basically confessed to it so... the process went on pretty quick. i think she's on the detention center or something."

ah, finally. i can freely breathe.

"can you hear me, hyung?"

i can hear you, min. you can't hear me, though.

"you probably can't, ha."

you're the one who can't hear me.

"anyways, changbin-hyung uses aegyo a lot lately in front of felix, it's cute to see him like that." seungmin chuckled, a dry one.

how is he able to change topics that fast like i'm trying to stay positive like he is but i just can't.

"it's very quiet in here. i'll play a song on random."

the younger pulled out his phone, opened the music app, and closed his eyes while scrolling up and down randomly and clicked on a random song.

it stopped at produce 48's 'as we dream'.

seungmin remember how he and minho will always hype up to their favorite songs, but now, he doesn't even have the power to even sing the lyrics.

without him noticing, his tears fell down, again.

the song got to the part when haeyoon is doing her high note, and seungmin sub-consciously sang the song.

he knows the lyrics and their meaning. it what makes him cry.

why are you putting on this song? oh my god, he need to put a more upbeat song so he doesn't get all emo again.

"you know what, fuck this song 'cause i'm crying right now. hold on, let me see..."

they just kind of had a chemistry where they would know each others' thoughts without even saying it.

and seungmin knows it.

he knows that somewhere, minho's soul isn't completely sleeping. he's there. somehow listening to all of seungmin's talks, word by word.

it stopped on bts' 'fire'.

"now i can get happy here." seungmin laughed.

"dang, i'm talking to myself again..."