Seventeen

WEEKS LATER

"Wake up, Sleepyhead!" Ronald whispered sweetly in her ear.

"Go away!" Raina mumbled with her eyes closed.

"But it's your birthday. You have to wake up." He said.

She groaned, snuggling closer to the pillow.

"Happy Birthday, my love." He whispered in her ear after which he kissed her.

She smiled as she returned his kiss, her eyes still closed.

"Long life and prosperity babe. ''I love you."

"Thank you, honey. I love you more."

"Won't you open your eyes? let me see how beautiful they are before I leave for work." He said as he took a seat beside her on the bed and stroked her long hair.

"But you see my eyes every day." She groaned, her eyes still closed.

She feared that she might get emotional and let it out if She opened them. But she wanted to tell him tonight.

Raina was given a day off by Uncle Rico. He said she should rest since it was her birthday but Ronald was already dressed up for work.

Ronald wanted to say something but was distracted when someone opened the door.

"Happy Birthday to you......" Three voices started singing. It was Alexa, Adrie, and Clarice who was holding the cake.

Raina was forced to open her eyes and her heart melted at their gesture...

"Happy Birthday, Mommy."

"Happy Birthday, Raina."

The girls said as they made their way to Raina on the bed. She was trying to sit up when they both kissed her cheek.

"Thank you, my gorgeous Angels." She said and kissed their cheek in return.

"Happy Birthday, my dear," Clarice said as she placed a chocolate cake before Raina.

"Thank you so much, Clarice."

"Go on, make a wish before blowing off the candles." Alexa encouraged, her eyes not leaving the cake.

And Raina did just that. She closed her eyes for a second, made a wish, and blew off the candles which earned a cheer from the girls.

Ronald was recording the moment all through, starting from when Clarice and the girls walked in with the cake. He remembered he left his camera in his office downstairs so he used his phone to capture the moment.

The girls encouraged Raina to cut her cake which she did with the knife handed to her by Clarice. She took a bite of the cake after which she cut small pieces and fed them to Adrie and Alexa.

"Okay, I'm a little bit jealous here. Where's mine?" Ronald pouted as he passed his phone to Clarice to continue recording while he went closer to Raina and she fed him a piece too.

After that, Clarice took the girls out of the room to go have their bath.

"You should be ready by 6 pm," Ronald said.

"Why?" She asked as she took another slice of cake. She wasn't a fan of sugary food but guess her present condition permitted it.

"We're going out to celebrate your birthday!" He said.

She nodded.

"Any specific color of dress for me to wear?" She asked him.

"A package will be delivered for you anytime from now. It contains your outfit."