GHOST OF YOU

4| 1865

"So are you ready for school tomorrow?" My father asked as we ate.

I sighed. "Sorta, I mean I kinda just wanna wait until Monday" I said as I saw moment out of my eye.

Loki had walked into the room and I glanced back at my dad. "I'm sure the kids will be great, I've heard nothing but good things about the school here" my father replied.

I stabbed some chicken. "Something tells me I'm going to be the odd one out" I replied, glancing in Loki's direction.

"You'll be fine darling, people will like you" he said, smiling.

"I hope so" I replied before continuing to eat.

We continued to eat before he announced he was going to have a shower. Cleaning up the plates, I felt Loki's presence behind me. "What was eighteen sixty-five like?" I asked, rinsing the bubbles from the sink.

"It was a time of war, why?" Loki asked, watching me.

"I don't know, I've always had a fascination with history and now I can talk to someone who actually lived it, I want to know" I replied, glancing at the ghost.

He looked thoughtful for a moment. "Well it was the American Civil war in those times, but the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln is probably a little more known" he replied.

I turned to face him, drying my hands. "Was there war here?" I asked, tilting my head.

Loki nodded. "My father was well established in his rank, well known shot too and I never could live up to his expectation, I was a disappointment" he replied.

I frowned. "You were in the Confederate Army?" I asked surprised. 

"I was seventeen when I joined" he replied, placing his hands in his pockets.

"But you had to be e-" I was saying before he cut me off.

"Eighteen, yeah I know, I was desperate to get away from here so I lied about my age but then they put under my fathers command, I fought that war for two years" he replied, looking in the distance.

"So how did you die?" I asked, suddenly I lot more interested in him.

Loki's eyes met mine. "I fell in love with a girl" he replied.

I looked away quickly. "But that's a story for another time" he added quickly.

"Hey darl, are you all done in here?" My father's voice said, surprising me.

I looked at him. "Yeah, I'm just going to have a shower and head to bed" I said as my father stood next to Loki's ghost.

"Okay, who were you talking to?" he asked, moving the fridge to grab some water.

Loki shot me a smirk. "Oh myself, quizzing myself on the American Civil War" I replied, shrugging my shoulder.

Loki laughed out loud. Frowning, my father looked at me. "You are so much like your mother it scares me" he replied.

My father moved towards me before planting a kiss on my forehead. "Good night darling, remember to set your alarms" he added before walking out of the kitchen.

"I wil!" I called out.

I heard his footsteps go up the stairs and I looked at Loki who was grinning. "What?" I asked defensively.

"You two have a great relationship, my father and I never got along" he replied, shrugging one shoulder.

I leaned on the sink. "What happened to your mother?" I asked, frowning again.