Chapter 38: The Revolver at the Wedding

Wedding day was now here, instead of wearing stockings under her dress Eliza wore thin trousers- the pockets hid the ammunition, the slingshot, the knife and revolver along with her cane- she was in her room putting on her eyeliner with expertise precision, pink lipstick painted her smooth and tiny lips, a peach color blush was dusted across her cheeks, her hair had a diamond flower hair pin keeping loose strands of hair out of her eyes. Her dress a marvelous vanilla white, it went down all the way to the ground and covered her feet which had heels of glass encrusted with diamonds, she looked like a real princess. There was a knock on the door, "Elizabeth?" her mother, "Are you ready?" 

"Almost mother!" she called back, she lifted up the skirt of her dress to reveal her trousers which were cut by the knees, she took out the SW revolver from its pocket and opened it- all of its 6 bullets in the magazine- and locked it

"Almost mother!" she called back, she lifted up the skirt of her dress to reveal her trousers which were cut by the knees, she took out the SW revolver from its pocket and opened it- all of its 6 bullets in the magazine- and locked it. "I'm coming!" she waltzed out of the room and closed the door behind her. Her mother smiled as she lead her out of the house and into a carriage, the clock was ticking.

---

Meanwhile, David and Jack and Mikey were getting Spot ready for the wedding. Their leader wore a black tux along with a tie topped off with a mask and a top hat. "There," Jack grinned, "You's look like a real gentleman!"

 "There," Jack grinned, "You's look like a real gentleman!"

"I feel like garbage." Spot groaned.

"That's just the top hat speaking." David retorted nervously.

"Okay," Mike turned around and grabbed a medium sized package, "Let's go crash ourselves a wedding!" the other three boys cheered and they all ran out of the Lodge. Mr. Carter had brought a carriage to get the four boys to the wedding. He greeted them as they entered and once they were all settled in he ordered the horses to move, and away they went...

---

The ceremony began, Elizabeth was lost in her thoughts, the vows were already said and Spot was nowhere to be seen. "You may now kiss the bride!" the priest boomed, breaking the girl's train of thought. Oh no. Richard leaned in to kiss her, the girl braced herself as the worm kissed her deeply while the people cheered. Finally the girl pushed him away and the two of them ran out to the reception. Little did they know, the four newsboys were hiding away with their box of eggs, rotten tomatoes, and buckets of pepper and salt. All of them waiting to ambush to save their friend.