Chapter 8

A day went by and it was a Monday. Kiera waits in her office, rubbing her hands anxiously, anticipating Seunghyun's arrival. I hope I made some progress, she thought to herself. She heard the click of the door and smiled instantly. Seunghyun enters the room, he looked more relaxed than before, Kiera spoke "Good morning Mr.Choi, how are you and how was your weekend? Have a seat." Seunghyun sat on the couch and replied: "I'm good, the norm, not much, how about you?". Kiera replied, "It's been good, would you like to start our session right away?" "Yeah, sure" Seunghyun answered.

                       Kiera pulled out her notepad and said: "Ok, let's start from the beginning, tell me about our childhood, where you lived and friends and family." Seunghyun said "I lived in Songpa district, in Seoul, South Korea. I was the youngest of two, it was only my sister and I. My dad worked in the military and my mom is a housewife and we are all very close, I can say we have a healthy relationship. Uhh, I had a lot of friends at school, I was the class clown, towards elementary and high school, I was overweight but I didn't let the bullies get to me. I loved hip-hop from a young age I always liked the western hip-hop, an artist like Biggie Smalls, I started out as an underground rapper and I gained some attention and then auditioned for a music company called YG Entertainment but they refused me at first because I was overweight. So I decide to lose weight in order to get in and I made it and I'm still signed to them until now. Kiera asked "Have you felt uncomfortable that you were pressured to lose weight?", there was a second of silence until Seunghyun spoke, "Yes for a while I did......" Kiera said "How did it make you feel? what thought goes through your mind? have you felt frustrated?", Seunghyun replied "Yes, I did at times, for a fact I can't control the amount of weight to lose and in a specific time and...... sometimes I worry that I will gain it all, its just.... (sigh) frustrating at times, but I thought if I continue to work out, I won't have to fear it." Kiera said "Ok I understand........ Mr Choi, can you tell me... (the timer rings) looks like today's session is over before you leave I would like to know whether you have done your homework, have you called your parents?" "Yes I did and it was the normal, nothing out of the ordinary and I have the list you asked for here...... (he reach into his pocket and found nothing, his eyes widens in shock) uh I'm must have forgotten them in my other jeans," said Seunghyun. Kiera said "It's ok, you can hand it over tomorrow", "Ok I won't forget next time" replied Seunghyun. They both get up, Seunghyun heads for the door "See you tomorrow, Mr Choi", taken back by a joyful sound, Seunghyun turns around to see Kiera still standing, wearing her biggest smile "See you too" said Seunghyun and returned her smile.

          Before the door was shut He heard Kiera speaking and jumping around in her office "YES, FINALLY, HE IS OPENING UP TO ME, I CAN FINALLY STOP WORRYING" and then she begins to dance with shaking hands and goofy moves. Seunghyun laugh to himself at the scene. On his trip down the elevator he wondered, she seems carefree and easygoing I wonder how she manages to be so optimistic or does she get high in the morning.