Chapter Fourteen- Confrontation

Grant POV:

I growled as I drove away from the house, my hands gripping the steering wheel of my truck tightly. I pulled over on the side of the road a few blocks down, feeling shudders rip through my body as my wolf threatened to take over. The nerve of my mate. I swore sometimes she enjoyed the idea of death. I took a deep breath, pushing Raphael, my wolf, back down.

Must find mate! He snarled.

She is fine, Raphael. We need to give her time. Both of us need to calm down. I spoke firmly. I sighed as I looking down at my lap. I could understand why part of Mackenzie would want to find the witches. It was her only family left. Of course she would try to find them and reconnect with them, no matter how insane the idea of a family gathering may seem.

I felt my cellphone ring, and I dug in my pocket, pulling it out and answering it.

"Grant Lewis speaking." I spoke in a rough voice.

"Grant, hey, Alpha Luke says you're okay to take the day off today." Zach told him. "So don't worry about coming in today."

"Okay. Thanks for letting me know." I grunted. I turned on the engine again and drove back home, nervous about facing my hurt and upset mate. I parked the car in the garage and stepped into the house. Immediately I knew something was off because I couldn't smell Kenzi in the house. I closed my eyes and tuned into our mind link.

"Oh you poor thing!" A small woman chimed at Kenzi, who was in wolf form, and ensnared in a wolfsbane trap. The woman chirped away at Kenzi before she sneezed, and the trap turned to bubbles.

Witch! Raphael roared. And this time, I didn't hesitate to let him take over. We charged out of the house, following our mate's scent as we flew through the forest. I slowed down as her scent grew stronger, and I looked up, shifting and growling as I saw the witch hugging my mate tightly.

"Get away from my mate!" I roared, running over to them and throwing the witch to the ground, shoving Kenzi behind me. "What do you want with my mate, witch?!"

"Grant, calm down it's not what you think!" Kenzi pleaded.

"I'll kill you if you touch my mate again!" I snarled at the witch.

"She's my niece!" The demon lady whined, backing away from me in fear.

"Grant Lewis!" Kenzi yelled. "Back down now!" I turned and looked at her, stunned. Raphael growled as he paced, wanting to come out and take control.

"Kenzi..." I whispered to her. "I'm so glad you're alright!" I grabbed her face and kissed her deeply, closing my eyes as I knotted a hand in her hair, licking her lips.

"Grant!" She gasped, breaking the kiss.

"I promise I won't hurt Mackenzie," the witch spoke quietly. "She is my niece."

"I don't trust you, witch." I snapped.

"Her name is Annabel." Kenzi snarled. "Stop being so rude!" I hissed and moved beside Kenzi, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"You mate is very protective of you," Annabel chuckled. "That's a good quality in a mate." I beamed with pride, nuzzling closer to Kenzi and inhaling her sweet scent.

"Yes it is." Kenzi smiled, kissing my cheek. "I love him very much. Now that he's calmed down, why don't we talk."

"What questions do you have my child?" Annabel mused, sitting down on the forest floor.

"How do I control my powers?" Kenzi inquired.

"It takes years of practice," Annabel spoke slowly. "You'll need lots of space and time, and a mentor. I can fill in as mentor."

"So when can we start?" Kenzi blurted eagerly.

"Tomorrow morning at dawn." Annabel said firmly. "And Mr. Protective can come too." I nodded, kissing Kenzi's neck.