Dorkerella

I woke up in a rag dress and a pounding headache. Whoa! What just happened???

"Hey you!" I spun around and saw her. Mistress MacKenzie.

"I'm not paying you to take naps on my floor," she spat.

"You don't pay me at all," I exclaimed.

"You know what I mean. And I need you to wash and iron my special pink gown. Tonight is the prince's ball and I need to look my best," she sashayed into the kitchen.

I sighed.

"I wish I could go to the ball," I said quietly to myself. Then I saw my two little mice friends, Chloe and Zoey, scurry over to my side.

"We'll make you a dress," they beamed as they finally ran into their little hole.

They got this blue fabric and wrapped around the mannequin in my dusty dirty room, creating a bodice. Then they made a long flowing skirt with the help of the little birds. After a couple of hours of doing chores, I went to see what they were up to and I gasped.

"OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS! It's it's beautiful..." I gushed running over to the elegant flowy blue dress made by my amazing little friends. 

"Thank you all so much. I can go to the ball now," I got it and changed into it.

                                         ***************************************************

I ran down the stairs in the beautiful dress.
“Mistress MacKenzie! I can go to the ball. Don’t go just yet,” I called after. She was in front of the mirror in the living room applying a thick layer of lip gloss when she just abruptly stopped and glared at me with this disgruntled expression and gasped.

“That is my VERY expensive blue calico fabric from Spain!! What are you doing with that?” Before I could say anything, she tore the brim of the dress.

“No!! Stop!!” I looked down at the dress. It looked horrible! The pieces were deteriorated and it looked like a tore mess. My eyes began accumulating tears.

“Don’t you dare step foot at the ball. You don’t belong here in this village, DORK!” She sashayed and got on the awaiting carriage and went off. I felt hot tears trickling down my face. I ran out sobbing to the little garden and wept on the bench in hopeless despair. When I finally decided to get off the bench and go to bed, I saw a twinkle. And after the twinkle, I saw hundreds of more and right before me stood a girl my age carrying a long stick.

“Why, hello dear. I’m your fairy godmother, Marcy. I’m here to make all your dreams come true,” she gushed. Whoa, a fairy godmother?! I finally seized my tears and listened to her.

“My, my! You have a lovely face! I bet a nice aqua gown will perfectly compliment your eye color.” She flicked her white stick (which I now figured out it was a wand) and I looked down to find an elegant aqua dress made of lace. The shoes I wore were now…get this… GLASS slippers with a glass butterfly on the top.

“And now, your hair. You have such glossy mocha hair,” she snapped her fingers,”I know what to do with it. Why don’t we put it in nice bouncy curls?” She swished her wand and my medium messed up hair became classy long curls. Marcy handed me a mirror. I looked awesome. I can finally go to the ball no matter what Mistress MacKenzie said.

“Oh, thank you so much,” I hugged her.

“Wait but there must be a price,” she said softly.

“But I have no money,” I explained.

“Oh no dear. No money. But once the clock strikes midnight, all this will disappear,” she told.

“I’ll make it back before midnight, godmother. Thank you once again.”