Chapter 2: Transparency

LIAM'S POV:

///////////////////////

"Pinky Promise," I say and she looks guilty for some reason. She just walks back to her room without saying a word to me. I feel like an idiot now. By the look on her face when I told her, I know she doesn't feel the same. I go to my room too, and plop down on my bed with frustration boiling in my head. I just have to forget about this, "let it go" as that one disney movie says. That I did.

A couple weeks go by and I barely talk to her. The only time I talk is when she says something to me.

SPENCER'S POV:

................................

I was really getting sick of quiet Liam. This does not seem like him at all. I finally decided to break the unspoken barrier between us.

"Liam, I'm really sorry for whatever I did to make you upset with me," I tell him. He looks up at me.

"You didn't do anything," He says back.

"Then, why don't you talk to me, like ever? I hate it!" I tell him. He shrugs.

"Please Liam!" I beg.

"Ok Fine, I was kind of upset,"

"Upset with me?" I ask concerned.

"No, that you-"He starts,"That you don't like me back ok?" He says sheepishly.

"What?" I say processing the words that Liam just told me.

"I didn't say that!" I confessed.

"Whatever."

"Liam! Stop being upset with me! Please."

"I'm not upset with you Spencer! Just please let me be," He storms back into his room. I'm done. I hop on my laptop and start looking for a new apartment. I am sick of being ignored, it hurts to know your best friend hates you. I find one and call the number. I discus prices and dates to come see it and stuff... Of course I don't tell Liam, It just feels wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lock myself in my room and start packing my things. After a couple hours, I'm done. I don't really have many things to pack. I leave Topaz with Liam. He likes her more, and she just reminds me of Zach. I write him a note to let him know I left.

Liam,

I was sick of being ignored, because I don't even know what I did wrong. I had to leave, don't worry about me though. Just pretend I never existed. Oh wait you did that anyway! Never mind then...

-Spencer

I take my suitcases and head out the door.

Liam's Pov:

"""""""""""""""

I hear our front door slam and I stick my head out of my room. I see a paper fall from the top of my door. I hold it up to the light to see what it says. I read through it all and my heart stops. Oh god what have I done! I quickly grab my jacket and head out the door. I see the taxi she's in speed down the street.

I hop in my car and follow it to an apartment building. She gets out and so do I. When she sees me she walks in the opposite direction.

"Spencer! I'm sorry!"

"I don't care anymore."

"Come back Spencer please!"

"Why should I?" She angrily spits at me. I act fast. I take her cheeks in my hands and I kiss her. If this was the last time I saw her at least I gave her that. I turned on my heals and walked back to my car. I was about to pull out when the passenger door opened. Spencer sat down next to me.

"Fine," she says weakly. I smile but I don't let her see.