Chapter 4: Roadblocks

Stephanie's POV: (shaking things up a bit)

I looked at Zach, then Spencer. The way he looks at her, makes me mad, jealous, & frustrated. Move on to your wife Zach! She did. He looked over at me almost like he read my mind. He gave me a pathetic kiss on the cheek and kept walking.

"Zach, what does she have that I don't?" I say openly. His eyes grow wide.

"Nothing. That's why I chose you," He declares. Do I believe it? Not a chance. She was his his first choice and we know it. No one knows this, but Zach's dad payed me to make out with his son. Bad, I know. I needed the money though. How it played out? I walked up to him and started with a compliment. I remember in great detail......

"Hello," I said. He returned the hello.

"You have beautiful eyes," I flirted with him following his father's script. I trailed my finger up his arm. He was getting uncomfortable.

"I uhhh...have a-" He started, but it was too late. I kissed him. I wasn't guilty, because he kissed back.

"What?!" I heard my boyfriend Liam say. Shoot. He took a picture of us. I knew he was gonna show Zach's girlfriend, which meant a breakup, which meant more money from Zach's dad. Yay! I guess?

...............................................................................

I suggested to leave Liam and Spencer's house, so I didn't have to watch Zach be jealous.

"I feel like you would rather be with her," my smile fading.

"What? No! I hate her, Steph," He yells. I shush him because Spencer's window was open and I knew she could hear.

"Okay....." I said sadly. He hugs me, but the hug feels cold & isolated.

LIAM'S POINT OF VIEW:

They walked out the door and I sat back on the couch. After a minute I hear Zach yell "I hate her!" I hope Spencer didn't hear. She walks in the room with an angry look on her face.

"Was he talking about me?" She asks.

"Probably," I admit.

She comes over and sits next to me. I put my arm on the couch behind her.

"Liam, I wasn't using you to make Zach jealous."

"Ok," I say, but I knew she was. She still loves him, he loves her. Me and Stephanie are the only roadblocks keeping them away from each other. It's like a twisted, dirtier version of freaking Romeo and Juliet, and I was just the balcony between them.