Press

Chapter 3: Press.

    Alex Crane

"WHET!" I heard him say as the horse came to a halt. I still had a tight grasped around his abdomen. It seemed like we was riding for about 30 minutes. I wouldnt know because my head was buried in his back the entire time. He laughed, "Okay, you can let me go. We are safe." I sat up on the horse and we was at this beautiful cabin in the woods. All you could see was the fireplace going. He helped me down and I grabbed hold my bag. He hopped off and we walked the horse to a stable. We went into the cabin and it had that homey feel to it. He took off his coat and exhaled, "Sorry about that, but you did say take off my sunglasses."

"Uhh, dont blame that on me. If you know those people would turn into crazed fans...you could have told me." He placed his coat on the couch and stated, "Its fine. I havent been up here in a long time." I laughed as I took a seat, "Suree and the fireplace runs itself."

"Actually it does. Nakoshian Wood is rare, but my family has a storage of it. It doesnt burn nor does it let fire jump from one thing to the next. Its magical honestly. Want some coffee?" He asked. He looked back at me and I asked, "No thanks. Ill just like to get back to my hotel room."

"No need for that. You said you would make my suit, so you are coming up to the palace. Ill have my advisor go and get your things." He told me as he walked into the kitchen portion. I pursed my lips and walked into the kitchen.

"So is being you tough?" I asked him as I sat at the island counter in a chair as he prepared the coffee.

"I mean growing up was fun. Any toy you ever wanted you got. Never had to tie your own shoe, let alone drive your own car. These last few years have been tough, not going to lie." He told me as I rubbed my hands together.  

"Why so?" I asked. He placed the kettle on the stove and stated, "Well, Ive been preparing to become King."

"Whew, boo hoo. What you call that Royal pains?" I joked and he stated, "Ha-Ha. Its hard trying to be the man you want to be, but forced to be the man your father want you to be-and hoping to be the King Nakoshia wants you to be."

"Well if I know anything I know how to live a double life. I struggled for a lonngggg time  with being my true self. I didnt want to disappoint my mom or let my father down from his grave. However, it killed me in the inside when my father died without knowing who I really was."

"What? A bad ass designer with a killer eye for detail." He complimented me as he turned to face me.

"No. That I was gay. Growing up in a house with three older macho brothers was hard. One having sex with anything that moves, one dating girl after girl, and one just following in their footsteps. See I hid it for a long time being the baby of the family." I confessed to him as he joined me at the island. He stared into my eyes and asked, "So how did you know?"

"Well, Prince Edward..I had this notebook that I mapped out my entire wedding. Im talking from location, to colors, to venue—but in the heat of the moment I didnt draw a suit and gown. I drew two suits beside eachother. Thats when I knew it was time to be myself. So I came out to my family at a Christmas Play in the 11th grade. Dressed as the Grinch." We both laughed and I continued, "It was funny after the burden was lifted off my shoulders not going to lie. And all my family did was love me before I came out." It went silent and we stared at eachother. He licked his lips and said, "I wish I had that level of confidence to just say Dad Im going to be the KING I wanna be."

"I mean your mouth seems to work—." He stated as he grabbed my jaw and continued, "Words seem to come out too. Hmm, it seems you can tell him."

"However, you have to figure out exactly who you are before you tell him that." I told him as I tapped his chest. Suddenly, the kettle whistles and he rushed over and whipped up two cups of coffee.