Chapter 1

A long time ago in a Galaxy far, far away...  

Star Wars

The Wrath of Thrawn

An era of peace. Over twenty years has passed since the courageous Jedi Knight, Luke Skywalker and the Rebel Alliance had defeated the tyranny of the Galactic Empire. By this, the New Republic seeks to rebuild the galaxy from what the Empire had, with it the New Jedi Order is reborn with the training of a new generation of Jedi. But, the Imperial Remnant, those who had survived the end of Palpatine's Rule and the signing of the Galactic Concordance, still hold onto beliefs that the dictatorship of what the Empire had stood for. With waning support of the Senate, former Princess of Alderaan, Leia Organa Solo holds faith that one day the Empire will return. She had sent Wedge Antilles, a close friend and trusted ally, to seek out any signs of the old Imperial while also mending ties with the world's most harmed by Operation Cinder. Little does he know, that something has truly returned.

Chapter 1

"Captain Tyro," the deck officer walked out onto the Bridge of the New Republic Cruiser Reliable. Wedge Antilles, once the Great War hero of the Rebel Alliance now the first officer of the Reliable, had been at his station next to the Captain's seat. It had been one of those long nights on route from the Capital of the New Republic to the Outer Rim on a diplomatic mission. The New Republic had been branching out towards the Outer Rim for quite some time, even after the war had ended over twenty years ago, and needed trade lanes and Peace Keeping especially to some of the more Pro-Imperial Systems. It was often Wedge's opinion to believe the reason people were doing this was just to say the Empire is still around and they will win the war, in truth that wasn't the case. Most of the worlds he had visited that week we're still suffering from the effects of Operation Cinder, the Emperor's failsafe if he had died prematurely, and many of the worlds were either so toxic they were uninhabitable or damaged beyond repair. Vardos is one of the best examples of the Empire's ending days with atmospheric ash everywhere on that world, so thick a man could pick up tank fulls and still have more. Wedge had seen firsthand the devastation the Empire had brought in the final days of its tyrannical reign. He will never forget this one time he and a few dozen Mandalorian Uniters had found a girl, no older than his daughter, Torah, had been the only survivor of a planet wide biological weapons test in where the planet's population had been wiped out and she was left all alone and went mad. He didn't know what the Mandalorians did with her afterwards, and he would rather not know.

 He didn't know what the Mandalorians did with her afterwards, and he would rather not know

Looking up from his station as the deck officer walked towards him and the captain. Captain Archival Tyro was not older than Wedge, more than a few years, with his jet black hair buzzed down to the scalp and his beard that made him look very professional. He looked up from his Datapad with stony eyes and stood up, wearing the New Republic captain's uniform, a reddish-brown suit that looked rather similar to the old uniforms the Rebel high command had, wearing leather gloves and high laced boots with a rank plaque over his left breast, he looked like a man from the old to the new Era. Wedge had a similar uniform on, only it was blue and green with a first officer's plaque on and no gloves. The deck officer saluted the captain, her uniform being a woman's suit, she was a lot younger than the rest of the crew being fresh out of the New Republic Academy on Fala.