8

Ever since the exam which was a week ago, Sakura noted that Izuku has been sulking. She didn't ask him about how he did in the exam, he might get even more depressed if she bring the topic up.

"Izuku? Snap out of it?" Izuku and Sakura's mother asked, getting worried about Izuku who was smiling at the fish.

"Izuku, that's a fish. Stop smiling at it, your creeping me out" Sakura said, looking at her little brother as she chew on her food.

"Oh, sorry! No. I just spaced out for a minute." Izuku said, looking at Inko with an apologetic expression and quickly ate his dinner.

"Elaborate" Sakura said, looking at her brother.

"You know, I wonder if I'll pass or not. I don't know what to do. It is, after all, my dream. Being a hero is my dream. To be able to save people with a big smile plastered on his face" Izuku said, sighing while still looking at the fish with a sad smile.

"I don't wanna be just a hero" Sakura bluntly said making Izuku snapped his gaze to her.

"What?" He ask, putting the fish down as he look at Sakura with confusion swirling around his eyes.

"I want to protect you and mom. Katsuki too and his family. My friends. I want to protect everyone. That's what my dream is. Even if I didn't pass the exam, I'll make sure that I'll be able to protect you and mom. I want to protect those who are precious to me" after Sakura spoke, silence overtook as they continued to eat.

After eating, Sakura decided to help her mother clean the dishes. "Izuku?" Sakura called in a calm voice. Her mother went outside, probably looking if there's any letter sent for them. Their mother has doing that for the past week.

"Huh?" Izuku asked, looking at his sister with a sad look as he sat in the couch.

"That look, get it away from your face. I hate looking at that kind of face. You worked so hard for the exam, I know you will pass, I'm sure of it. I'll bet my lunch for it." Sakura said, lips in a tight line as she look at her brother.

"Sorry- I just..." Izuku said but trailed off as he clench his fist.

"Don't worry, when I say you pass, you pass. Now little brother put that frown away and smile proudly." Sakura said, finishing the dishes and walking to Izuku, hugging him tightly.

"A letter! Izuku, Sakura! Look you two got a letter! Here it is, the test result from U.A!" Their mother said, barging inside and interrupting their hugging spree.

Sakura gulp the saliva that was forming in her throat. I'm gonna pass this, the chūnin exam was harder than this. You know that, Sakura. Heck! You've experienced what war feels like. You've seen things that most people didn't see and killed people, don't get nervous over simple things like this, Sakura.

A war that killed you and others. Don't just call it a war, it's an experience that scarred you. A voice lingered inside her brain as Sakura let out the breath she was holding and took one of the envelope which has her name on it, giving the other to Izuku.

"I'm gonna go to my room" Sakura said as silence overtook. She entered her normal room and sat on her bed, looking at the envelope that resides in her hand.

"I hate this... " Sakura said, opening the envelop and saw a coin thingy.

Putting it in the table, a projector came out and she saw All Might with a yellow suit.

"Hello, young Sakura!" All Might greeted, brightly smiling.

"Young Sakura, you have passed the written exam. You have passed the mock battle earning 76 points. You have made it, you are now part of the Hero academia! Congratulations!"

Sakura let silence overtook as she look at the projector. She calmed her beating heart as she walk out of the room.

"Mom?" Sakura said, looking at her mother with a bright smile.

"Oh, Sakura" Inko said, looking at her daughter with tears in her eyes. She hug her daughter and let out the breath she was holding.

"Is...is Izuku still not out? " Sakura asked, looking at the door of her younger twin brother, waiting for him to come out.

The door opened and it showed Izuku. "Izuku?" Sakura asked, looking at him with curiosity in her eyes. Izuku smiled brightly and that was the answer.

"Oh my baby!" Inko said, hugging Izuku tightly. Sakura joined in and laugh. "You so owe me, foolish little brother!"

Extra

The next morning, Izuku woke up with his sister gone.

"Mom, where's my lunchbox?"

"Oh, Sakura said "Mom, Izuku betted me his lunchbox"so I gave it to her"

"WHA-AND YOU JUST GAVE IT TO HER?!"

On sakura

"ACHOO" Sakura sneezed loudly, freaking out her classmates as they look at her.

"Someone must be talking about me, Mind telling me who?" Skaura said, eyeing her classmates one by one as they broke into sweats under her sharp and observing eyes.