Chapter 2

When I wake up, my head is pounding and my vision is blurry. What just happened? I push myself up and notice that I'm in a cell.

Fantastic.

I grab the razor blade from my bra, then conceal it carefully in the palm of my hand.

I lean against the cell wall, closing my eyes and trying to force the pounding from my head. Once I feel better, I crawl towards the door and try to tug it open, but I swear there must be at least ten padlocks on it.

"Shit!" I scream uselessly as I feel panic coming on.

The walls feel like they're closing in on me and I try to draw in a deep breath but can't. My head is throbbing and stars swirl in front of me until I finally collapse onto the floor. My throat grows tighter and tighter until I can hardly breathe.

All I can do is stare at the gray walls and barred door as the memories flood my head of my mother locking me down in the basement for days, refusing to give me anything other than water and stale bread.

I squeeze my eyes closed, trying to block out all the flashbacks and bring my breathing back to normal.

Thankfully, I hear a voice that brings me back to reality.

"Could you please stop cursing? It's giving me a headache," a man grumbles, and my eyes snap open. I finally gulp in a deep breath, calming my racing heartbeat. This isn't five years ago. I can handle myself, nothing will happen.

Then, I turn to glare at the ginger-haired man. I'll curse if I want to. "Fuck you. Fuck this cell. Fuck people. Fuck werewolves. Fuck –"

"Do you ever shut up?" He groans. "I get it! You're upset you were caught for attempted murder."

It wouldn't have just been attempted murder if Dick had followed my plan. I glare at the male darkly. "Just let me out of here and we can have a nice little talk."

The annoyingly shit-head just laughs at me. "That's not happening, sweetheart."

"If you call me sweetheart one more time I swear I'll castrate you then shove your dick so far down your throat that you'll choke on it."

He smiles smugly at me and his brown eyes sparkle with amusement. "Whatever you say, sweetheart."

I'm just about to put my plan into action when a sandy-haired man appears in front of the cell. "This is her?" He asks incredulously. "This is the rogue that killed our Gamma? But she's a she-wolf!"

I stalk closer to the cell door and stare daggers at him. "I really don't see what being female has to do with it. If you don't believe me capable of attempted murder, I'd be glad to demonstrate."

The blond haired man gapes at me and the other man raises an eyebrow at me. "Just let me out of this cell. Please, I promise I won't do anything." I give them a pleading stare through my lashes and I see them glancing over my small, fragile body with skepticism.

The first man relents, opening the cell door cautiously. "We were only keeping you in a cell until we could ensure you weren't a threat, anyway."

Underestimating me, as usual. "Thanks, asshole."

The other guy snorts.

"Shut up," the man growls at him, then he turns towards me. "It's Lucian, the new gamma of the Eclipse pack, since you killed the old one." At that last part, he turns to scowl at me.

"Oops, my bad." I shrug nonchalantly. "I thought the Eclipse pack was farther north?"

Blondie growls at me. "You ask too many questions, bitch."