The Bus

One last trip to my locker before I ride the bus. I love the bus. Well, I like it a lot. The bus driver lets me do almost anything I want because most of the other people are immature, according to him.

I walk towards my locker and see Gilbert there. Why is he at my locker? I walk faster, fiddling with the hairband I have on my wrist.

Now that I'm closer I can see he is at the one next to it. That explains why we crashed there. I open my locker and put some books in and take some out. I close the door and tap him on the shoulder. He spins around, his cheeks turning a light shade of pink. We just stand there, awkward, until his cheeks are "normal" again.

As I ask him if he really has a bird in his locker, I feel like I am going to die.

He suddenly looks very proud and says,"Kesesese, of course, do you can't to see him?" Gilbert pulls a little yellow bird out of his locker's op shelf and starts petting it."His name is Gilbird. Isn't he cute?" I reach out to pet the bird,"Yeah. Can I hold him?"

" 'Course, here. Gilbert places Gilbird into my hand. His hands brush up against mine. My heart jumps. Instead out looking up, I start petting the small, yellow bird. His feathers are so soft.

I give Gilbird back to Gilbert and notice his eyes on me again. He keeps staring at me. What if...no. It couldn't be. I'm just..me.

"Gilbird really likes you. He rarely sits still for new people.

"Thanks! I like him too."

The bell rings, and we have to go to the busses now. "Do you know which bus you ride?"

"I think it is #2301."

"No way! That's mine!"

"Umm...I think I left Gilbird in the commons." We sprint back, him leaving me behing, but waiting for me to catch up. Just as we arrive, a teacher stops us. Mr.Su. "Dn't rn. Buses lve, one mnute. Cte brd."

(A/N: I don't really know how to write as Sweden, but I tried.)

Gilbert stiffens."Ummm...Could I still bring him to school? he gets lonely without me."

"Mmmm."

Gilbert grins and runs off toward his locker. I guess he didn't hear Mr.Su. Or he didn't care.

By the time I have dismissed these thoughts from my head, he's back. Now, even I don't care what Mr.Su said; we would be late if we did.

The bus is pulling out just as we get there. We wave our arms, frantically, probably making a fool of ourselves, but we succeed in getting its attention.

The bus driver, Mr.Wang, is very annoyed. "Ai-yah! if you are late one more time, I will leave without you. Aru!" Gilbert rolls his eyes. I start walking to my seat and sit down. I hadn't given a thought about where he would sit. He plops down next to me and pulls out a shattered iPhone. I guess he starts listening to music because I hear a loud sound coming from his earbuds. I recognize it as "Mein Gott".

It is amazing how much I've gotten to know him. He used to be Mr.GrayHair and now he is Gilbert Beilschmidt. I think I like him more now.

Five minutes later, I have to get off of the bus. He is still on. I hope he doesn't let Gilbird poo on the seat. That would be gross.