10.

extra_ordinary: if someone says they take it as compliment when you look at their ass is that flirting? 

Marius: wtf 

Marius: who would want you to look at ur ass

Chip: she wants the d 

Chip: invite her over for netflix&chill

With a sigh, I minimised the chat. Never mind. Asking Chip, Marius and the other guys was a dumb idea. Like I was going to get any serious answers out of them if they were all together in a group. 

They had the wrong frame of reference anyway. They thought I was straight, and I preferred to keep it that way. 

Part of me wished I'd read in Asa's psychological file that he was gay or otherwise not straight. Then again, what was I going to do with that information? It's not like not being straight would make him notice me. Hell, I'd be kind of scared if he noticed me like that. 

That didn't stop my rebellious cheeks from flushing hard every time Asa glanced my general direction in school.

I don't know if it was just me being hyperaware of things now, but he seemed to look at me more often than usual. We made eye-contact when we passed each other in the hallway. Then at the lockers. Then when he was standing outside the locker rooms, about to go to gym class. 

We had gym class at the same time slot, but in different halls. 

I didn't go into the locker room to get changed, rather opting for the toilets. Because unless I wanted to land in a cold shower with my clothes on (courtesy of Rolf or his friends) I better not show my face. 

After class, the same thing went. 

I lingered in the sports hall, waiting until I was absolutely sure all the other guys would be gone. Only then I entered the locker room, doing a quick scan of the room to make sure it was empty. 

It wasn't today. 

I came to a screeching halt, like a deer in the headlights, realising there was one guy still in the locker room. One guy, none other than Asa Walker. 

He'd already changed back into his regular jeans and sweater, and casually lounged on the bench. 

He looked at me. I looked at him. 

I contemplated walking right out of the door again. But that would look incredibly weird. Leaving without changing. That's what locker rooms were for, and it'd be obvious that I was fleeing from Asa and-- and why should I? He'd said he had no issues with me staring at his ass. 

But the real question was: what about the other way around?  Why the hell is he still here, anyway? Okay, whatever, screw this. 

I didn't care if it looked weird. I was getting out of here. Clinging onto the straps of my backpack, I started walking, making a beeline to the door on the other side of the room. You know, so I wouldn't have to awkwardly turn and leave through the same door where I came in.

When I was halfway across the room, Asa seemed to catch my intentions. He also caught me at the door, blocking it with one arm placed firmly on the frame. 

My heart skipped a few beats in my chest, before starting up again at twice the speed. I swallowed. 

"Hey, what's up Asa?" came out of my mouth. My voice cracked, adding a highly unwanted prepubescent quality to my sentence. 

"I see you watching me," Asa replied. 

Unlike me, Asa was the epitome of smoothness. His voice was deep and even, and he leaned down. Closer to me.