16. The Realization

Kao

"Did you see her face when you talked about us dating in front of her? Oh my gosh! So precious!?!"

Pete was almost breathless and had put crimson to shame as he recalled the events at the parking lot earlier with his ex.

I made a face at him as he continued to heave some more laugh out his lungs. I stared at him, dumbfounded when he stopped laughing and stared at me.

I heard him huffed.

"You know what Kao, you really are the best choice. I couldn't have done this without you!"

I rolled my eyes as I munched on my Hawaiian pizza. We were at one of Bangkok Metro's high end pizza pubs. I asked Pete earlier to treat me dinner somewhere fancy as a joke but the asshole drove my car at some fine dinning restaurant which reminded me never to joke with Pete again. The man seemed to never understood sarcasm.

Anyway, we weren't able to push through because gym pants and t-shirts with rubber shoes---Pete's and Tshirt and tattered jeans with slip-ons---me, aren't allowed inside thus we ended up at this place at 80th floor overlooking Bangkok night.

I had to give it to Pete, he sure did have fancy taste. Not that I'd let him know about it. The pizza was heavenly and the grape smoothie was just gastronomic heaven. I even happened to spot some celebrities dining there too. Que would surely love the place.

I sure did have a lot of things to explore.

"You're smiling. And it's starting to look creepy."

I looked at Pete who looked at me perfunctorily.

"Well, for once, it's good to have someone looking creepy that is not you!"

He eyed me while sipping his green mango smoothie.

"Haha, very funny! What were you thinking just then?"

I furrowed at him.

"Why would you wanna know?"

He shrugged.

"Just curious."

I huffed.

"Was thinking of bringing Que here some other time. This place is cool!"

I pineapple chunk landed on my face. The asshole threw it at me.

"Hey!"

"What? You're with your boyfriend and you're thinking of somebody else?"

Shia! There's my heart again!

Okay, Kao! Get a grip buddy, everything Pete is saying is rhetorical! Nothing to assume about!

I cleared my throat before answering.

"It's not as if you're my real boyfriend. Besides, I only have Que, who else should I think about?"

I saw him narrowed his eyes at me.

"Hey, are you sure you're really gay? Aren't you just using it as a cover because in reality, you're in love with your bestfriend?"

I gaped at Pete. What the heck!?!

"You know what, Pete, I now realized why you like En. You two are so much alike. In your case, it's not opposite attracts, it's identical collides. You two are both annoying as hell!"

The asshole laughed some more. I gave an annoyed grunt but I ended up laughing as well. Holy, molly, I'm so dead!

"Are you jealous?"

Pete asked when we stopped laughing and composed ourselves.

"Dream on!"

I said but my ears felt hot as if burning.

"Hmmmm, come on! I know I look gorgeous and hot, so I'm not taking it against you if you admit that you like me. Besides, you're helping me, so I might just give you incentives or two."

I rolled my eyes. I was indeed with Pete. There wasn't someone out there as pompous as him. And well, his offer was tempting.

What the, get your shvts together, Kao!

"I'm still sane, Pete, thank you very much!"

He furrowed at me.

"What does that mean?"

I shrugged.

"I will never choose you to be my first boyfriend for real. You're way too much of a bully to be my introduction to love and dating."

"What the hell! You didn't mean that right?"

"I did."

He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Come on! I'm a catch!"

I pouted.

"If you are, then, we wouldn't be sitting here together being friendly and all trying to annoy your ex into getting back with you."

He shrugged and took a sip of his smoothie.

"In order to follow your dreams, sometimes, you just have to break the rules!"

He winked at me and I choked on my smoothie. He circled towards me and patted me on the back all the while laughing and talking about how karma struck me on his behalf.

"Are you okay?"

I gave him a thumbs up.

"The smoothie's just heavenly, I got overwhelmed."

I lied, as the warmth of his hand still lingered on my back.

"Really? Let me have some. I never had this flavor before."

He said as he took my smoothie and sip it with my straw. He looked up at me and smiled.

"You're right. This one's better. Let's trade!"

He said as he handed me his smoothie.

"Hey! That's mine. Can't you just order your own?"

I said as he went on sipping my grape smoothie that was his already. He looked too happy.

Why, I thought, I saw another side of Pete tonight. The side that made my heart thump even more. The side that made it not so bad to like him.

For the first time, I smiled at the thought. Then, I realized why we we're here in the first place.

I took a sip of his smoothie.

I can't like him. I shouldn't. Not when it's clear that he likes someone else.

But, I can't seem to stop.

A/N

Go judge Kao now! Is it yay or nay?!? 😅

S5m

P.S. Last update for the week cause it's Friday where I'm at and I do the writing over the weekend. See you darlings! 💙

P.P.S

OurSkyy Pete Kao trailer drops tonight and their episode next week. Shia! Gonna go hibernate and ready my heart! 💙💙💙