50. The Logic

Kao

"So your side of the family knows about you and Pete and are obviously so okay with it. You've been sleeping alternately at each other's place---which I don't think you ever did much sleeping though*cough*sluuut! And yet you're not officially together!?! What the hell is wrong with you Kao!?!"

Que was lying down horizontally on her bed while eyeing me as I was sitting across her on one of her huge stitch plushies. We were in her room to finish some reports but ended up talking after. She had her judgemental look on and I can't even blame her.

It had been weeks since Pete and I sort of started not fake dating anymore. I already told her everything from how Pete went crazy stupid confused to his breaking up with En to his wanting to be officially boyfriends to us having sex---which Que pointed out she really wasn't surprised about.

We were at the library of all places when I finally had the guts to tell her about it. It was a couple of days after Pete broke up with En. We were finalizing some of our final requirements.

I didn't know what but right that moment, I suddenly felt like wanting to come clean at my bestfriend.

"So, uhm, Pete and I aren't officially together yet but we, uhm, we had done it. You know, the deed. Well not that you should really know but..."

I had to stop when I saw how Que was squinting her eyes at me.

"What did you say?"

I raised my brows at her. Seriously? It was embarrassing enough that I had to tell her. Did she really want for me to spell it out for her?

"Why are you so difficult about this? I didn't say so much when you told me about you and Nick."

I had said it in gritted teeth trying to be calm and silent while my bestfriend just shrugged as if it was the most natural thing to do.

"Well, that was you. This is me. I'm your bestfriend  and I'm annoying that's my job. Deal with it!"

Why, Que always seemed to say the most senseless yet sensible stuff all the time. I was actually at the point of my life where I thought it's illogical to get annoyed with Que anymore.

"Now, my friend, you were saying?"

I rolled my eyes and heaved a sigh.

"Fine. You wanna hear it, sure! Pete and I had sex already. Happy now!!?!"

Que looked at me stoically until I saw a gradual smirk curved on her lips.

"Me? Not really. But you? Definitely!"

I rolled my eyes.

"Okay! That's it! No more secrets on my end, can we drop the topic now!?!"

"Ohooo! Not so fast Mr. No Longer Virgin! When?"

I gaped at Que.

"Seriously?!?!"

She shrugged.

"Nick and I did it on our third month."

I gathered all of my things as kept it away on one side. I gape Que a sarcastic smile.

"I don't want to know."

Que did the same with her stuff and crouched closer to me. We were sitting opposite each other.

"Well, I do! Besides, you can't blame me. I was doing my stuff when you just suddenly say random stuff. Now, bleed..."

Ain't my bestfriend just the sweetest!?!

Of course I was sarcastic!

We held each other's gaze for sometime before I gave up. I was never really good at staring anyway.