ii. sweetheart

SWEETHEART.

━ sweetheart

━ sweetheart

I had just gotten out of work, I work at the corner cafe, from five in the afternoon to one in the morning. I had just gotten home, a plate of macaroni in hand that I'll eat for dinner.

This is how it usually went. I wake up at seven-thirty to wake Sadie up and make breakfast and drop her off at school, and spend the rest of the day taking my online college courses, preparing dinner, before picking her up from school, then heading to work.

I quietly open the door to our medium-sized apartment, entering the apartment to be met with all of the lights off.  I quickly go upstairs, heading to Sadie's room to check on her. My hand grips the door handle, gently turning it I open her door, to see her sleeping soundlessly.

I continue down the hall, to my room, quickly changing to my jammies, before I once again head downstairs to warm up my macaroni. 

I get settled on the couch, turning on Netflix, and eating my macaroni. 

I look at the time to see its around two in the morning, deciding to head to bed.

- SATURDAY 8:32 AM .

"Y/n/n, wake up." I hear someone whisper.

"No" I whine turning to face the direction opposite of them.

"Please, I'm hungry and tried to cook and almost burnt the house down." She says, making me sit up quickly.

"Sades," I mumble getting out of bed.

"Alright, where do you wanna go to eat?" I ask her, not feeling like making breakfast on my day off. 

Sadie could not cook to save her life.

She almost burnt down our house trying to make those ramen noodles. In the microwave.

"iHop?"

"Sounds good," I say.

Sadie and I get ready, both us doing natural makeup. Her hair in a messy bun and mine in two dutch braids.

sweetheart