Chapter Twenty- Seven: Carry Me

Ello lovelies. I know its been forever since I've posted and I apologize for that. But things have been pretty crazy and I don't have much time to write as I did during the summer. So, needless to say updates from now on will probably be slow :( I'm really sorry.  

********************************************************************************************************************

She shot up, gasping for breath. She pried her eyes open to find Jim, Bones, and Conor standing over her. At the sight of Conor she screamed.

"Get the hell away from me! Murderer!" She kicked at him and tried to get up but Bones held her down.

"Dammit, Jim. Get him outta here!" Bones yelled.

"Go! Leave!" Jim shoved Conor back away from the bed. The look on Conor's face was that of an abandoned child.

"But, Lily I-" He didn't finish just turned and stumbled out of the Medbay. Jim rushed back to Lily, who was still struggling against Bones. She felt as if her lungs were going to burst. She could hardly breathe. Jim grabbed her.

"Lily! Stop! Please, calm down!" Lily started crying. "He's dead! Jim's dead!" She sobbed. Jim's eyes widened. He pushed Bones back and grabbed Lily's face. He forced his lips against hers. It took a few moments for Lily to snap out of it and for her lips to start to move against his. Her eyes snapped opened and she gasped. She pulled away from him.

Bones looked as if he might faint and his mouth was agape. Jim looked more stunned than Lily.

"I'm sorry, I just.. I just wanted you to stop. I didn't really mean to it just... sort of happened." Jim tripped over his words as he tried to explain. He had enjoyed it. He wanted to do it again. But he was still unsure of Lily's feelings and he was afraid that his actions could have just ruined everything.

Lily was breathless. She wanted more. She wanted him, but she didn't dare to even move. Suddenly she remembered the look on Conor's face.

"Oh God! I'm a terrible person! I have to go apologize to Conor!" She shot up off the bed and rushed after him.

"Lily! No, get your ass-" Bones never finished. A giant crash sounded behind him and he whipped around to find that Jim had shoved a medical cart into the wall in a fit of rage.

"Jim? What the hell?" He shouted.

"I kiss her and the first thing she does is run after him?" Jim yelled back.

"Oh, come on. It wasn't even like that! You know how she is! As soon as she realized how she acted she ran to apologize to him. You kissed her out of no where, what did you expect her to do?"

Jim said nothing. Slowly his face faded from red to it usual color. "You're right. I just need to calm down." He breathed.

"Good, and once you're done with that go get her and drag her back here. I have to figure out what the hell that was." Bones sighed.

Jim nodded. He instantly headed after them. He stopped at the Medbay doors and looked back to Bones. "Wait, she said I was dead, right? Why would she say that?"

"Oh.. that's right. She never told you." Bones started.

"Never told me what?"

"Her nightmares, in every single one she watched someone she cared about die. It was normally you." Jim was silent for a while. Then he said "Oh my God." and headed back out the door.

********************************************************************************************************************

Conor wasn't really sure where he was going, or where he really wanted to go for that matter. He felt horrible, yet he didn't have any reason to feel that way. Just like Lily hadn't any reason to scream at the sight of him like she did. Why had she done it?

Suddenly, and alarming realization hit him. She knows. She found out.

Just as he rounded a corner a hand seized his arm. He whipped around to find a head of strawberry blond curls and blue eyes. Her eyes were wide and she was breathless.

"Conor, I'm so sorry." She said in between gasps for air. "I don't know what came over me. I had this horrible.. vision, I guess that's what you'd call it."

Of course. They won't go away that easily. He thought. "What did you see?" He asked gently. She leaned up against the hall's wall and sighed. "You and I were sitting in what looked like a park. It was snowing and I think it was almost dark. But then Jim appeared and he was coming towards us. You two began to fight and then Harrison came out of no where and forced Jim down. Then you whipped out a gun and shot Jim and then... you shot me." She finished.

Conor's eyes grew wide. "It was like another dream." Lily said.

"Are your dreams always that brutal?"

"Yes, trust me I've seen worse than that."

"Dear God."

"I'm sorry. I was hysterical. When I saw you I thought I was still in the dream. I didn't realize.."

"It's okay. You don't have to apologize. I understand, you were terrified." She smiled faintly and held her arms out. "Hugs?"

He laughed. "Oh yea." He grabbed her up and squashed her in the biggest bear hug he could manage to give. His wound pulled, but he managed to stifle his gasp. He set her back down and placed a hand against his bandaged cut. "Well, I'm going to my room. I still wanna sleep." He said. She nodded as he turned and walked away.

Jim rounded the corner and ran straight into Lily. "Oh! Lily!" He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her into another hug. Her arms instinctively snaked around his neck.

"Bones want's you back in Medbay." He said while still hanging on to her.

"Ugh. Fine." She joked. "On one condition." He pulled back so that he could see her face. "What's that?"

"Carry me."

He laughed. "Lazy." He said as he picked her up bridal style and hauled her back to Medbay.

"Who are you calling lazy? Me? No way." She giggled.

"Don't go there. I'll drop you." He threatened.

"You wouldn't." She gasped jokingly.

"Oh, I would."