Chapter 2

Anything in bold like this is from Gally's P.O.V and regular text is from Emily. Keep reading to learn about Emily! - Misfitswonderlandd

The alarm sounded off as usual, signaling that some new meat will be coming through. Since all the gladers took turns with the greenies, this month it was mine turn. We already had enough trouble with Thomas and his (probably lover) Teresa. If it's another girl I'm going to explode. All the builders in my area dropped everything out of their hands and ran to the box. I did the same, but more gentle with my tools.

Pushing through the crowd, I opened the door and hopped into the box. What lied there was unexpected.

"I call dibs!" I hear a boy yell. Then they started arguing. I couldn't see anything at all, the sun was too bright.

My eyelids fluttering open I looked around. There were a lot of boys. Hot sweaty boys. One guy was in the elevator with me. He was so hot-like oh my god, this was heaven or a dream.

She was really pretty. The creators knew what they were thinking when they picked her. I didn't even know her name, and I'm al- wait. I can't like her, she's gonna be trouble like Thomas and Teresa. But god, her dark hair and almond shaped eyes...

"Welcome to the Glade, greenie." The boy said, helping me up forcefully. What a jerk.

"I'm Gally." He said, looking at me sternly. I'm not liking him, he's probably the bully here. Even though his voice gives me chest pains but I guess that makes up for his villainous eyebrows.

The girl already didn't like me. I could tell in the way she was acting around me. I helped her out of the box, my arm protectively around her. Majority of the gladers were whistling or looking at her like a new toy to fight over.

"Listen up guys," Alby yells over the voices. Eventually everyone fell silent. "Keepers are going with me to decide the new girl's fate. Thomas and Teresa included."

I almost forgot about Teresa. She was standing next to Thomas, obviously happy there's a girl who can share the pain of all the boys with.

"Wait..." the girl in my arms said."I remember...my name."