Chapter 4

I woke up to screaming and yelling. Gally and I were in the box again. One kid was banging on the box door then taken away by a monster.

Poor Emily, she was scared out of her wits. "We call them grievers." I said.

"Aren't they supposed to be inside the maze?" She replied, standing up next to me.

"Well everything has changed since you, Thomas and Teresa came around. You shanks waltzing around like you're all high and migh-!"

I slapped him. Out of hate honestly. He was being a piss-off, blaming it all on me? Maybe it's his fault.

Gally looked at me, surprised. "And to actually think I liked a greenie."

What? I swear I was losing my mind. He didn't say that. He's a beast, incapable of remorse.

She's bold and rebellious. I liked it. Even though Emily slapped me but I kinda deserved it.

"I have a name you know. Greenie doesn't always work, it's annoying." Her arms were across her chest. Nice and sassy.

"What 'bout I call you Em?" I asked, looking down at her.

Emily shrugged. "I guess."

I walked closer to her. "It's gonna be a long time before the grievers are done. Maybe sit down?"

he smiled when I slapped him. Ugh. I sat down next to him, his arm gently around me. We sat in silence.

"You can't stay pissed at me forever, Em." Gally said quietly, looking at me, concerned.

I just let the silence and screaming fill in the gap. He sighed, pulling me closer, kissing my forehead. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay..." my voice was small and quiet.

We fell asleep, his arms around me, and his chin on top of my head. Then the box opened up.

Sorry this is short! I'll update soon. - misfitswonderlandd