Keg Creek

"I asked you a question, pet. Now answer me, where do you think you're going?" Asher snarled and turned to face Zero, the man lazily holding a handgun at his side. His voice brought in the other women and a half dozen men from various places.

"None of your damn business." A few of the women gasped at how harsh she was towards Zero and some of the men cocked back gun hammers in retaliation.

"I believe it is my business, seeing as you're mine and I haven't given you permission to leave your cell." Asher rolled her eyes in annoyance at him.

"I ain't yours. You attacked me first, spiked my wheels and kidnapped me like I'm some sort of animal for sport. Well I ain't and you can't make me stay." Hand slammed against the windows and snarling growls filled the air. Walkers. Zero smirked widely and shrugged.

"Maybe I can't, but they sure can. See, there's quite the group of Dead-Os outside right now. They've become quite the common visitor as of late. They leave sooner or later, bored and hungry I guess." The women shied away from the zombies and all of them pressed themselves against Zero in one way or another. Asher stayed by the door, one hand holding the handle of a blood red bat while the other still gripped tight to the door handle behind her.

"So you can either step outside and die, which would be quite the waste if you ask me. Or you can join me and my girls upstairs in the master bedroom. Boys, take your pick, leave Candi and Esmeralda for me of course." Each man reached for the chain of a woman, the ladies unwilling to argue with their lot of the night. One man reached for two, stopping when Zero smacked the back of his hand with the barrel of his gun.

"Ah ah ah, what have I told you about taking more than your share, Allan?" The man dipped his head and mumbled an apology before stepping back and winding the chain of the girl he chose around his forearm, a thin redhead with one of the medium length chains. Zero turned his attention back to Asher as the men wandered off with their selected women.

"I'll take my chances with the walkers outside." She turned the knob and prepared to a fight on both sides of the encounter. Zero clicked his tongue in disappointment and shook his head.

"See that's not the right answer, sweetheart." Asher growled and tightened her hold on the door knob.

"Don't call me sweetheart." She yanked the door open and quickly jumped to the side so she could pin herself behind the door enough that the walkers wouldn't realize she was there immediately. They came crashing through the doorway, the stench of rot filling the room as they shambled for Zero and his slaves.

The shrieks of the girls brought the men back and they quickly opened fire on the dead. One of the women was grabbed by a walker and pulled into the herd, her screams attracting the attention of a few more around her. Flesh ripped and blood flew as the other women screamed for their fellow companion and Zero herded them towards the wine cellar for safety. A man went down in a blaze of bullets and shrieks of pain and Asher saw her chance to get out. Pushing against the slamming ebb of walker bodies, she opened the door just enough to slip free and run for the window beside her. Using the bat, she broke open the glass, earning the attention of almost a fourth of the herd.

"Esmeralda Whitman!" She turned at the enraged voice of Zero who was shooting down walker after walker with rage marring his features. "I'll make you pay for this!" She flipped the man off and leapt our the window into the grassy lawn peppered with the last bits of the small herd that had forced its way into the house. She swung the bat at any walker that got in her way as she ran for a nearby motorcycle. Asher kicked it to life and swung at the exposed brain of a walker in her path before darting forward to escape down the long driveway. At the end of the driveway she was met with a split and a crudely made road sign. The top plank of wood read 'Whitewater' and pointed to her left. The second plank read 'Woodbury' and pointed to her right.

"Okay Asher, time to pick, Whitewater or Woodbury?" Another small herd of walkers shambles out of the woods and onto the road that lead to Whitewater, snarling and snapping as they shuffled closer to her. "Looks like I'm going to Woodbury then." Turning the motorcycle in the correct direction and gunned it down the street as fast as she dared go. It wasn't long until she sped down an on-ramp to a highway, by the dusty sign it was called Highway 85. Her progress was slowed by a backstop of abandoned cars and she wove through them as best she could. That was, until the motorcycle sputtered and died as she slid between two cars.

"Son of a bitch!" She slammed her hands against the handlebars and pushed herself off so she could continue her journey on foot. Asher moved out on a bridge over a river, Keg Creek thanks to the broken sign. It wasn't too big, and she could hear the snarls if trapped walkers beneath. But the sun was setting and she wanted to put distance between her and that insanity house.

"Just push on through the night until you find a good tree to climb up." Asher whispered to herself and continued to weave through cars and trailers until the moon started to rise and the walkers got brave. Lacking trees to hide inside of, she decided to climb the nearby fifth-wheel and sleep on the roof until sunrise where she will continue her escape from-

Her thoughts were interrupted by hands slamming into her legs and yanking on her ankles. She kicked out at the assailant under the impression it was a particularly sneaky walker that had gotten the drop on her. But it wasn't until they had successfully pulled her off the fifth-wheel did she realize that it was much worse than a lucky walker catching up to her.

Wide blue eyes stared into glittering emerald orbs of pure unadulterated rage. He wasn't alone either, his group of men had them surrounded as well, minus the one who went down in the house and the one she tore open herself anyways. A hand around her throat slammed her back against the metal sidings of the portable home, teeth bared like a savage animal and his usual smirk pulled down into a grimace of hate.

Zero caught up.

"You owe me a scream, Esmeralda Whitman. Time for you to pay recompense."