one

Maisy took steady breaths as she waited patiently on Johnny and Mackenzie to come out from their state of shock. She rocks back and forth a little on the balls of her feet, she can't help but feel relieved that she finally found them. She's only been looking for a couple of months but to her it's felt like a lifetime.

"I can explain why I'm here and how I know everything. I can explain" she announces, taking a step forward. A puff of cold air making an appearance with every word she spoke.

She watches as Johnny glances at Mackenzie. His eyes are full of confusion but also what Maisy hopes is a happy glow. On her way over she thought non stop about how they'd react to her returning to them. With the way Carson spoke about them and him telling her about how much they would make a fuss over her when she was a baby, she had hoped they'd be glad to see her after all these years.

"Come inside, lets get you out of this cold" Mackenzie smiles politely, holding her hand out for Maisy to take.

The two girls walk inside the warm household, instantly being hugged by the warm heat that radiates from the burning fire. Johnny follows behind, still at a loss for words.

Maisy takes a seat on one of the long couches, sinking right into the soft fabric covered cushions, sighing with relief that she's finally seated, no longer out in the cold.

"This is weird for you guys too right?" She chuckles lightly, still seeing the shocked expressions that cover John and Mackenzies faces. They look at each other quickly, wiping away their bewildered looks.

"Well..." Johnny starts, trailing off as he struggles to find the right words to say. But what are you supposed to say to the girl you thought of as your own daughter and that you haven't seen since she was a baby?

"It's just a shock sweetie" Mackenzie answers for him, taking Maisy's cold hand into her own. The sudden contact makes Maisy smile. She can feel a comforting feeling surround her knowing that she's literally in safe hands.

She looks away for a moment, using her other hand to cover her mouth as she yawns, her eyes growing heavy and dark. Johnny notices this and apparently so does Mackenzie as she opens her mouth to make a suggestion.

"Why don't we talk in the morning? It's really late and I'm sure you've had a long day".

Johnny and Maisy look at Mackenzie, both of them wearing very different expressions.

"Kenz we need to talk"'Johnny mumbles, standing up. Seeing Maisy's expression drop makes Mackenzie mad at her rude husband. She shakes her head, pulling Maisy up gently.

"After I get Maisy pyjamas and put her to bed" she insists, trailing the young girl behind her upstairs.

They make their way down the long hallway, Mackenzie stopping outside the first door on the left, she opens the doors and peers inside, smiling largely when she sees parker tucked up in bed, olivia sleeping peacefully beside him.

      "another nightmare?" Mackenzie questions, referring to why the little girl was sleeping in beside her brother. Parker nods, glancing at his sleeping sister.

        "Do you want me to put her back to bed?" Mackenzie asks, opening the door a little wider.

    Parker shakes his head vigorously. "No it's fine, she's okay" he smiles.

      With a smile and a nod, Mackenzie exits the bedroom, closing the door behind her. She sees Maisy's stunned expression.

         "You uh- you have kids?" She asks, her voice a quiet murmur.

         Proudly, Mackenzie nods her head. "I have three. Two boys and a little girl and you'll get to meet them in the morning" she tells maisy as they continue to walk down the carpeted hallway.

       Stopping outside another door, Mackenzie takes a look inside jakes bedroom, grinning when she sees him sleeping, cuddling into his nerf gun.

           "You have a really nice house" maisy says, making small conversation as mackenzie searches through some drawers.

      Chuckling, Mackenzie turns back around, a pair of Christmas patterned pyjamas in her possession, she hands them over to Maisy.

        "Thank you, johnny built it himself when we were expecting parker, he's my oldest" she informs the bright blue eyed girl beside her.

          Maisy smiles. It must be nice having a close family and parents who not only adore each other but have so much love to give their kids too. Maisy feels herself grow sad for a minute, wishing she had that.

          "Thank you for being so kind" Maisy says shyly, grabbing Mackenzies attention. "It's just that my whole life has been filled with stories that always seem to have pieces missing and I guess I'm here because I want answers. Carson spoke so highly of you and dad- I mean uh johnny.... but whenever I asked if I could see you guys he'd always change his tune" maisy explains briefly.

        Mackenzie doesn't bring up the fact that maisy said dad. Instead, she leans in and kisses Maisys forehead, using her hand to sooth down her long blonde hair and rub her back gently.

        "get some sleep mais mais and we'll give you the answers you want tomorrow okay?" Mackenzie smiles softly, standing up. She walks towards the door and hovers outside for a moment.

          "goodnight sweetie" she says before closing the door of the guest room and heading back down stairs.

     Maisy smiles at the door where Mackenzie stood only moments ago.

        "goodnight mom".

________________________________________________________________________
......sorry I disappeared
go follow my girl aimee @stoopidorlando for the next chapter :)))