Prologue

Prologue

As Billie got ready, she couldn’t help but feeling super excited. This was her first All Time Low concert! She’s been waiting to see them for 3 years! She danced around to their most popular songs in her room, imagining with awe what the concert will be like. She looked at her phone and saw that she had an incoming call.

“HELLO, IS THIS MUM?!” Billie practically shouted to the person on the other end, her mother.

“Good lord sweetie, there’s no need to shout! I’m going to pick you up in 30 minutes, okay?” Her mum said into the phone. Billie couldn’t contain the grin that formed on her face.

“Okay!” She exclaimed into the speaker. Billie continued to get ready and dance around the room. When she was completely satisfied with her look, she went downstairs to wait.  She called her best friend Maddy, who was also being picked up by Billie’s mum.

Billie and Maddy were both old enough to drive, but her mom wanted to be safe, so they agreed for her to take the two of them. Billie heard the familiar honk of her mother’s car, and she jumped up in excitement, and sprinted out of the door to meet her mum in the car. When she got in the car, she grinned at her mother, and when her mom didn’t move, just observed her with amusement, Billie yelled, “Well, what are we waiting for?! Let’s go! ….. Please?” She added sheepishly when her mum gave her the disapproving eye.

They pulled out of the driveway, and drove down the street to pick up Maddy. She was already waiting outside, with a huge smile planted on her face. She hopped into the car.

“You ready?” Billie asked Maddy.